• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Air compressor pressure switch

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Got a really good deal on a almost new Thomas Airpac T-35HD hotdog style portable compressor. Only problem is the ON/OFF lever on the Square D brand pressure switch is missing. I've looked at all the smaller consumer type (Sears, Campbell-Hausfield etc.) brands that have the lever on the NON Square D pressure switches and they use a different switch inside.. Does anyone have a compressor with the Square D switch (with ON/OFF lever) that could take the cover off (unplug it first) and take a front view / side view picture of the lever and how it functions? I haven't been able to find any parts source for Square D switches - I can most likely fab something if I can get a picture of the original...
150973.jpg

150974.jpg

150975.jpg

150976.jpg

Ken:

How about replacing the Switch with a 3AY90 from WW Grainger...???

Roland:
Yup-thanks... I could (I dug that out the first day), but I hate to spend the 30 bucks - that's half what I paid for the compressor.. (I beat 'em down on the price - the carry handle was broken and the drain valve had some junk in it). The pressure switch works fine - I COULD just wire in a on/off switch, but the unloader valve wouldn't work on startup and it wouldn't look as clean. (BTW -Thomas lists the switch for $90.00 !!!)

Grangers is only about a 15 minute drive (sigh).

After looking at several of my friends compressors , I remembered that the next door neighbor had rescued a commercial pancake unit a couple of years ago - sure enough, it had the Square D pressure switch on it.. Here's his lever - which he's already had to repair..
151571.jpg

151572.jpg

About two hours in the shop and I had a working lever for mine. (I'm retired, my time is "free")..
151573.jpg

151574.jpg

So, for about 3 hours work making the switch and carry handle, installing a new pressure gauge and drain valve, I've got a dandy little unit that lists for $488.00, sells for a minimum of $300.00 AND is made in Sheboygan Wisconsin, USA!!!!

Kendell,

Nice save. I always find it more rewarding to repair instead of replace.

If anyone else is having a problem with that lever and can turn it on to run position. what I did with my 5 gal. was I mounted it stationary high on the wall in my garage. the switch works fine but very hard to reach. I wired a double box outlet and switch side by side and plugged it in, have a radio plugged in also to the other outlet to remind me to turn it off.

Jim:
Could be a bad idea in the long run. You run the risk of the compressor starting against pressure - hard on the pump and with bigger motors, it'll pop circuit breakers . That's why there is an unloader valve as part of the Square D switch (and why I wanted it operational). If your compressor has the unloader in a different place (like my big old two stage stationery does), no problem..

Latest posts

Back