1862 options?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbextermueller

displayname
Nic Bextermueller
So it looks like I'm going to be picking up an 1862 (cyclops) on Monday. I'm buying for the Mag 18 and a 54" snow plow/blade. My question is, it should have power steering and a super steer axle on it right?

It also come with a 50" High tunnel GT deck that has been used 2 times. It was bought from a dealer about 4 years ago. Put on the tractor, tested it. Then parked it in a garage for 4 years cause the wife got made cause he had other mowers. I dont need this deck... Hint hint... Wink wink. Watch for it in the proper thread.

So... Am I right? Does it have the axle I want?

After looking around it appears to be an 1864 (I had the model # wrong)

Secondly, is this thing going to have a Mag18 or Command 18 V-twin?

If it has the V-twin, what you upgrade a 782 with? A Command 18 or a Mag 20? (I have one sitting on a shelf)

My plan is to put the P/S and SS axle on the 782. It may require 26" rubber in the rear... That's ok.

This is an IH built 782. Ami sinning by changing so much? I know it mine... But IH ones are harder and harder to find.
Opinions?

Sin away...PS and SS are worth all of the trouble!!!

Besides, then it will be a twin to mine
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

1864 will have Command, 1862 Mag. Both will fit in the 782 frame and the Command is a nice motor!

Nic--You will love that upgrade and if you save the original parts, you could switch it back if you every wanted to--RIGHT! PS is a great feature, especially with and heavy front attachments!!!

bannana_guitar.gif

Man, I double checked the Model # in the add again. It is definitely an 1862.

The deck is not a high tunnel, but still in darn good shape. I'm still going to get it. SS axles are rare in this neck of woods. Plus the blade and the Mag18 are worth the price of the whole deal.

Steve, can you tell me if this is going to have the GT P/S mount you mentioned to me? That would be awesome!!

Yes it will.......all std frame GT's with PS do.....

Yahhhh!!! You the man Steve! Thanks. Where would my collection be without you. We'd be good friends if we lived close.

Nic..I'm not sure, but I don't think an 1862 has p/s. I have an 1864 which does have p/s and hydraulic lift. I'm also fortunate to have a spare parts 1864. My 1864 has a command 18 twin. Its still in the "get it all together stage". I'm still having a PTO issue that I can't seem to find answers to yet. The mower deck undercarriage has a slight twist in it as well. As the saying goes.."still a work in progress". Let me know via email if I can help you with anything.

I have verified with the owner and pictures that it does have power steering. And a quick google image search shows plenty of 1862's with a yellow steering ram.

1862 had PS from the factory.

As noted in another thread in here, I brought home the 1682, it had all promised parts. But its always fun when you play dumb what people will try to tell you.
The twice used deck, which is still nicer than any of mine, is missing the belt cover and already has the quick mounts welded. The bottom was still full of years old cut grass and front had the std bending a scratching. Still in great shape, but clearly used for at least 1 full season.
The 54" plow that "has never really been used and sat in a corner for 10 years" already has a nearly new SS wear bar while the rest look likes it's been plowing gravel for years. It pretty normally worn with scrapes and scratches every where you expect them.. Even has home made feet on the corners.

The tractor is fine, engine turns fine by hand and has good compression. Oil looks like pennzoil after 5000 miles. PTO looks nearly brand new, as if replaced. The power steering is intact but the spindle mount at the front axel has been broke, twisted, semi fixed and welded back on.

Plastic is actually pretty ok, except for being old, brittle and has sheet metal braces hold the front up. That's expected, it's a cyclops.

I'll get pictures up soon. I got a smoking deal and the plow and the SS axle and P/S are well worth it. After it was loaded and paid for I then mention my fleet and started point things out he assumed I was too dumb to see. He didn't talk much then. Otherwise, he was glad to have it gone and I was glad to have it. I even had him try to call the " other guy" that was offering way more to see if he wanted to buy the deck I didn't want. He started fiddling with his phone and said "no I'm ok with your deal..." Right, I'm sure he was.

You can't BS a BS'er.

Latest posts

Back