• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1535 transmission?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbliss

displayname
Keith Bliss
What transmission does the 1535 use?

Do the older IH Cub transmissions bolt in the 1535 frame?

Thanks

1535 used an aluminum housed 3 speed transmission, internally a close copy of the IH cast iron version. Despite the worry, it is a very strong design and I have proven that as I use one in my turbo diesel 1782 puller (limited Super Stock class)no failures in 5 years!
One nice feature is adjustable shift detent spring pressure, simply turn the hex plugs in to increase detent pressure.
These were made by Peerless for CCC I believe, and were also used in other applications, including a forklift! If the brackets and bolts that keep the transmission in place are monitored (so they stay tight) that is one key, if they are run loose, the housing threads strip out or break off the mounting bosses.
And yes, they do have the great fine spline axles with the HD carrier for much improved strength over the cast carrier IH used.

I should have answered your other question Keith, you can indeed bolt in the older IHCC rearend in place of the aluminum one. Is the one in there bad? Let me know if you wanna part with it
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks Jim, for the reply, very helpful. I am looking for a 1535 to build a 20 HP stock puller.

Latest posts

Back