149 cub cadet w/ 44" mower deck - need vacuum/mulching options

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkrauk

displayname
jim krauk
I've had a Peco Vac attached to the PTO for years that has worked terrific Yesterday the drive shaft end broke and can no longer use the PTO. The mower still works fine but I need to find a way to either mulch grass and leaves or vacuum them up. I do not want to use a tow along device because I am constantly needing to move in reverse and in tight spots. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

My first question would be other than this being in the wrong section!
How in the world can you have a Peco vac attached to a PTO when all the Peco's that I know of have their own engine attached and they are on the rear of the tractor.
Tractor meaning the 149 you have is a garden tractor and not a lawn tractor.

Digger, Since this is the wrong section, where should I ask/post this question? This is my fist time using this site. BTW, the thing that was soo great about my Peco vac (circa 1974) is that it did run off the PTO and did not require a separate engine to maintain. Can you tell me where I can get a Peco Vac with a separate engine for my 1974 cub cadet model 149 w/ a 44" 3 blade mower deck? Thanks, Jim

Jim show us some Pics. We have many Great minds here... that I'm sure can fix U up or have other options for U to consider...PWR
Shift.gif
I think U post in IH Cub Cadet Forum (top section)...Gator Blades work well for me on my 50" deck with model 40 Easy Vac & IH #4 Cart.
bottom.gif
Sorry Charlie1/';.

Latest posts

Back