• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1250 Exhaust Baffle

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu

IHCC Supporter
Hello - I rebuilt my K301 engine with the comprehensive kit from isavetractors, it runs great now... but in the extraction process from the tractor I finished destroying the already severely damaged cast aluminum mount thingy that is the base for the sheet metal box surrounding the muffler. Getting another one is close to impossible and very expensive - I'm wondering if it is ok to run the tractor without that sheet metal box - after all the cooling air runs through the engine surrounding tin before it gets there, so it seems engine cooling will be unaffected. I'm considering running flex pipe out from the cylinder head out the front to get the heat out of there, but maybe that's not necessary?
Thanks
Stuart

Do you have a buddy that can Heli-arc it back together? Although I have bought two that didn't have that box on there, I don't think I would want to work one without that box on there, And most definately not if you want to run the side shields on the tractor. It would be too much heat under the hood.

I know OEM ones are pretty high. I got a replacement off Ebay for one of those tractors. On the other, I patched the aluminum and welded washers over the broken out bolt holes in the steel covers. If you get one off Ebay, be aware that the John Deere one is longer than the Cub Cadet one. Most Ebay sellers of Kohler parts tell the model number of the engine and you can look it up on Kohler's website and compare that part number with the part number for yours.

It's pretty smashed up (was already patched by previous owner, but I finished it off when it rolled over in the cart I was moving it to the barn... Lotsa little pieces. For now I'll run it with the side covers off, and watch for an ebay special I guess...
Thanks

Latest posts

Back