• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcabral

displayname
John Cabral
Some of the starter generators I use have a smaller pully and I am having a hard time finding a belt to fit. I would change the pully but they also fit differant. What is up with this?

YES! Tightened the governor arm on the cross pin and the governor works exactly as advertised! I can now push to full throttle on my 682 and it goes to 3600 RPM and stays steady. When I engage the PTO the RPM drops a hair for just a second and recovers. Not only that, but when I started checking to see why the headlights didn't work, I found a blown 10A fuse. Well, I just happened to have one on hand. Replaced the blown fuse and I have headlights! I'm becoming more and more pleased with my 682 purchase. Had my doubts there to begin with. With the Carlysle ags and the 44C deck in good shape, I think I did alright for $500. As you can see, I still need to install the stock muffler. Already bought one off ebay that turned out to be in much better shape than it appeared on the pictures.
happy.gif

233475.jpg

233476.jpg

233477.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. The steering wheel was in primer when that pic was taken, and the car in the background is a 69 camaro ss. I restore car cars for a living, and now I think I may be addicted to cubs. The plow is a case plow that I sprayed with Raptor bed liner. I have more pics in the restoration section.
233481.jpg

Sean, I am really interested on how the bedliner in the blade works with snow?

very interesting idea

It looks to me that the earlier cubs used a different pulley than the later ones. There are two size belts on the parts page.

I thought the larger pulleys were for the smaller 7 hp the smaller pulleys were for the larger engines. That comes from seconds of shallow thought but worth every penny you spent on it.
happy.gif

John
I've been told that the early Kohlers without compression relief had S/G's with smaller pulleys to help with cranking. Engines with CR had the larger pulley for more cranking speed.
Seems logical.

Dave, good thing that didn't cost us anything, the Original, the 70 and 100 all used the same pulley.
whistling.gif
The later Cub Cadets, 7hp and larger used a different pulley. I believe it's what Jerry wrote, those with ACR use a different pulley than those without ACR, I've heard this before as well.

The ACR equipped Kohlers showed up around the time of the 71, 102, 122 and 123. Here's an excerpt from the 71,1x2/3 Brochure, note the "NEW!" in the text under the illustration:

233483.jpg

Sean "B",
Here's what I did on my 120to keep the hood/grill from get all beat up.
233485.jpg

and on the rear of the hood where it rubs the "roller" keepers and flange.
233487.jpg

Jeff

I have only used the plow once so far and it worked well. The snow didn't stick at all. I used a catalyzed bed liner that gets very hard and sprayed it at about 70 PSI for smaller texture.

Tom

Thanks for the suggestion on the hood edge. It looks good I plan to do the same thing.

I'll never fail to be impressed with Kraig!
happy.gif

Tom: Great idea, and looks good, too. Split rubber hose? I'm leaning toward the (indestructable) stuff that holds the seat to the seat pan. ?

Back