• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Two Horse Town - 1958

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Here is a very cool video from 1958.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdjyBuxNkkA

Another thing that occupies my time are Lawnboy mowers. I'm thinking there were some also painted yellow and white with IH on them too...
old.gif

I always liked Lawnboy, especially for the aluminum deck, but I had a really bad experience with the 2-stroke engine on a unit marketed through Sears & Roebuck.
smile.gif

I started mowing yards when I was 12 with my dads mower - a Monkey Ward 3.5 hp. (B&S), had to rebuild it as business was getting bigger and I was using it constantly - had to buy a second brand new for 35 dollars and paid for it in 3 days, retired my dads back to him and kept mowing yards and my business mushroomed into the largest in town of 100,000 (no one wanted to do that type of work)put my way through college - mower still started and ran well after about 20 years before I finally retired it completely. They don't build them like they use to - people took pride in what they did.

I believe that lawnboy built the push mower that IH sold that looked like the 1x8,9 series

A guy emailed me a couple of weeks ago and said I sold him a mower a couple of years back and he had two mowers for me if I wanted them. He even said he'd bring them which he did. This is one of them.

242966.jpg

It's a model 10201 silver series. They apparently have a rep of the tank leaking which this one did. Instead of paying $50 for a replacement tank I just built a bracket and added this tank. I also removed the flywheel brake and added a kill switch. The release cable was about to go and the plastic bracket that holds it on the handlebars was weak.

The other mower happened to be a Honda HR-215 which is what I call a "high dollar" walk behind. It needed the carb cleaned and that was it...no parts. It's a shaft drive, looks great, and purrs like a kitten. I guess it pays to make sure what you sell is in good shape.

I can see why IH used Lawnboy for their manufacturer...it seems to be a tuff little mower and works great. I just wish this one was white and yellow with the 1x8-9 hood.

That is an interesting video...all American.

Worked in a hardware store when I was 18. Lawnboys were the premium brand then - could not put them together fast enough in season. I passed up a Cub version a few years ago - $5.00 IIRC
bash.gif

Back