• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Series 3000 model 3184

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbingham

displayname
Bill Bingham
Hi,
I just bought an 00 3184 with 157 hours on it from a local dealer - picking it up this Saturday after they give it the once over. Comes with the standard 44" deck and hydraulic connects for the snow blower (second lift lever). Hopefully tomorrow I will be picking up a used two stage blower and quick connect bracket from another dealer near where I am presently working on a construction project. All in all the tractor and blower seem pretty heavy duty and well constructed - I like the direct drive PTO system vs belt - similar to the Gravely two wheel tractors/attachments I used to own. Cubs are new to me, so is there anything I need to be aware of or look out for with this model and the attachments? Thanks in advance for any advice/info.
Bill

Bill.
Yes there is one thing that comes to mind.
You do not want to operate your new cub in exstream cold weather unless it is stored in a heated shed or completely heated up befor use in the exstream cold.
Cold hydro oil can cause the secondary hydrulic pump to blow a gear and you will have no hydro power to anything not even the rearend.

Make sure to use the lift limiter on the cylinder when useing a snowblower.
Part #9, lower right corner. Part #711-1351
64358.jpg

check to see if it had the recall work done to it.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 11, 2001 -- Cub Cadet Corp. is voluntarily recalling about 6,000 garden tractors. The tractor's rear wheel can loosen and spin free on its axle, resulting in a loss of power to the wheel and brake, which poses the risk of injury to consumers.

Cub Cadet has received 44 reports of wheels loosening and spinning free on the axle, though no injuries or property damage has been reported.

The recalled garden tractors have a 44-inch cutting deck, an 18 or 20- horsepower engine, a yellow base, and a black seat and steering wheel. The model name ("Cub Cadet") is printed in blue on the engine hood near the steering wheel, and the model number (#3184) is printed in large numbers on the hood of the tractor. The name "Cub Cadet Corporation" and the model number are also printed on the model plate label affixed to the lower frame near the right front wheel.

Authorized Cub Cadet dealers nationwide sold the garden tractors from October 1999 through November 2001 for about $6,000.

Consumers should stop using these garden tractors immediately and contact the Cub Cadet dealership where the tractor was purchased to schedule a free repair. For more information, consumers should call Cub Cadet toll-free at (888) 848-6038 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or log on to the company's website at www.cubcadet.com.

Back