• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Need help identifying this mower.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bborchers

displayname
Brad Borchers
Came across this International mower and need help with its age.

189026.jpg

189027.jpg

189028.jpg

Brad B: Compare to the nose piece design of the 1x8/9 series Cub cadets of the early half of the 70's. It was made for IH by Lawn Boy. Underneath that IH 483 Yellow, the decals and the IH designed engine cover, it's 100 % Lawn Boy.

Myron B

Thanks, now need time to get it running. It did come with a Lawn Boy bag and deflector to turn it into a side discarge. It looks cool.

Brad that is cool I have to find one... Myron any idea how many where made and whats my chances of finding one??

JeffB: Had IH actually manufactured those, we would likely have production figures available. The number actually sold by IH is likely buried in the Archives at the University of Wisconsin. IH had about 1200+ dealers in the those days and IH sold them for several years. If a dealer only sold five a year and for a five year period that would equal about 600,000 units sold. That's just postulation but it will give you an idea of the volume...and that doesn't take in the other models sold nor the later ones made by Toro which IH sold under the Cadet brand name..

For these machines, you probably will have to regularly patrol many garage sales in an old IH dealers sales area...

Myron B

Latest posts

Back