• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hyd power angle blade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Just installed a power angle kit and the cylinder won`t move.I thought to check the fluid level and it was down some and now refilled. I`am thinking that if the hyd lines lock in my front ports they must be good to work. Any Ideas ?

1512 Diesel

Have you tried for quite a few cycles, if it's dry it might take a bit to get the air out. Can you move the clyinder (angle the blade by hand)? A while back somebody broke a cylinders piston and it wouldn't move.

Dave Ross

I have moved it some by hand .Pressed on the end of the fitting on the ball and did get some air. I never had this problem bleeding the air out on my loader. It worked in a few seconds.I will try leaving one line off and see if I can get more air . thanks Don T

Hey, Don, did I ever tell you about the time Lucy's loader wouldn't work? All the hoses were hooked, no leaks, but to make a long story short, one of the quick connectors wasn't completely connected. Being me, I drove 100 miles round trip to talk to the dealer instead of making a phone call! Happy New Year!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)

I just had a brain wave lol. When I installed the front ports that I bought from Aaron giving me front and rear ports on my 1512 Diesel and have never had anything to use the front ports for. So I think it could be a lot of air trapped in the lines.I think in the am I will plug in a line and drain some fluid to see if there is air trapped in the front lines, then do the cylinder flush. That should solve my problem. Thanks guys for your wisdom . later Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

Well I found my problem with the power angle . Seem the male end of the hd lines would plug in but not transfer any fluid. I bought 6 new male ends (76.42) and now it works great. I just think power angle is cats a$$ . I hated to get off the tractor to angle the blade. I will now take my 1862 sub frame up to have it changed so the 54" blade will be sitting on the ground level. I found the back end of the blade would dig in because the blade did not sit level because the sub frame was to low. We had a few inches of snow today and I got to plow with my 1512 Diesel with the power angle working. I think its one of the best mods I did so far. I do think the 54" will be a better blade .
old.gif

Back