• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Got my 7264!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcorn

displayname
Ben P. Corn
Well Dad and I (79 & 57 respectively) went to Elizabeth Town Ky. Sunday and swapped with a guy that drove up from Tn.

Traded my 1863 for a 7264 26hp diesel 4&4. Installed a King Kutter 72 inch finish mower on the back as the tractor came with a new 812 Loader. Took a little while to get things level and get familiar with the tractor but was very well pleased with the result.

Used to take 5 hours to mow the 4 acre yard, part of the woods and my lovely wife's golf cart trails thru woods. Total time Monday was 2 hours and that was talking to a couple neighbors who had to see what Pops had brought home.

So as I learn and get a few more toys oops tools I'll let ya all know how it goes with the newer tractor and pics to follow.

Pops

Ben, we need photos!!!!!
happy.gif

groupwave.gif

worthless.gif

groupwave.gif

Thank you Kraig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will update how things work with the tractor.

Pops

Pops,
Looks like it will be a great machine for you if you can cut the mowing time by that much.
I'm not at all familiar with the models. How old is it? Looks like it's sized between a regular Cub Cadet and a Lowboy.
What is that black thing sticking up behind the seat, some kind of mower transport device?
What size is the front wheel/tire? Will the old standard IH wheel weights fit that bolt pattern? If so, does Cub Cadet sell something for your tractor which will work on the old rear IHCC wheels?

Bruce - The laid down black do-hicky is a foldable ROPS. Pops thinks it's a wheelie bar so don't tell him any different ;)
All other questions will need answered by Pops IF he ever gets off his new toy ...

FOLDABLE? Isn't that kind of like a jack stand designed to buckle? Why would you want it to fold?

Thanks Ken for helping me out!!
bouncy.gif
Bruce: that is the Rops roll over protection, the reason it is down is because it will not fit thru a 8 ft. high garage door on my shop. Also I have it down to stop any wind drag as fast as I mow!------------------LOL.

I'll have to check on the wheel size they are actually on the back 40 plus inches tall I think. I do have 4 suitcase weights (38 lbs.) for the front when I take the loader off. As rear wheel weights go with the 4 wheel drive have not needed anything yet.

But, I do have 2 175lb Ferguson axle weights that I am in the process of hooking to the rear 3 point hitch bar for when I use the loader or snow blade. Setting it up so all I have to do is back up pop 2 pins in and go also I will be fixing a bracket so I can move front weights to rear to make a total of 500lbs on the back. Once I have it installed and done I'll post a picture.

The tractor is a 2004 w/160hrs diesel, the only problem so far is it has sat outside for a long time and all the little markings on the controls have faded off. That will soon be rectified. Paint is perfect on it and the loader is brand new. Controls for that is almost toooooo quick. Picked the 6 ft finish mower right off the trailer piece of cake.

Going to see this weekend how quick I can take the loader off and on.

I'll keep updating you guys on this thing in case anybody thinking about such a thing. So far well satisfied.

Pops

Ok guys still very happy with the 7264 ran into a major issue tho. Seems like the main hydro, rear end, pto, gearing ect oil line got pinched shut. Allowing the PTO Clutch to burn up!!!!!!

After finding out that it would take 4 to 6 weeks for my Cub dealer even to get to it thought to myself OK I can do this. Not for the faint of heart after buying aq couple speciality tools and borrowing a snap ring plier set from a "big" tractor guy I went to work.

Yep it takes the big style of snap ring pliers not found in most home shops. Anyway after totally tearing down the rear end getting to this thing I had to remove the main driveshaft as part of the operation. Seems as the past owner (I am being nice) welded the square shaft on the inside to the rear round shaft. Needless to say I had to sawzall the ":?" thing apart.

The worse thing on this deal was I had all the main parts on hand except the driveshaft. Well during this time Cub Cadet decides to move their main warehouse I wait 3 weeks for the driveshaft. All said it is back up and running and the difficulty on this project was problay an 8.

While waiting I serviced everything, sharpened everything and made many "little repairs" that had not been taken care of especially doing some rewiring work that was BLANKETY BLANK from past owner. Sometimes I wonder what these people think. I also rerouted the return hydrastatic oil line and made it out of braided rubber instead of just plain old rubber. This ain't going to happen to this old man again.

Still love my "big" Cub, making a rear weight braket for it now and in the process of looking for a 5 ft. box grader.

The saga will continue: pictures of my snow blade and how I attach it; to follow later.

Pops

Hello i have a 7264 IM looking for the 3 point hitch arms and assembly i need the whole thing If anyone has one and willing to sell im buying I live in NH my cell is 508 641 1101 thanks Paul L

Back