• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gannon Earthcavators

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbounds

displayname
MBounds
Hi..I am seeking GANNON Earthcavator owners of all brands to build a brand index of Earthcavator models.

Below is a sample of an Earthcavator ID tag for a Gannon Cub Cadet Model FD 42-6. Note that the stamped 6 is shown just to the right of the painted "FD 42". Matching that suffix to the tractor brand (Cub Cadet in this case) is the object.

185273.jpg

The following Gannon models are known:
FD xx-01 = Bolens
FD xx-02 = Cat 0 3-pt lift
FD xx-6 = International (shown above)
FD xx-9 = Sears/Ward/Roper
FD xx-10 = Bolens

Looking for those made for: Colt,Case,Wheelhorse,John Deere,Massey Ferguson,Allis Chalmers,Simplicity,Jacobson and Ford Garden Tractors.

Any help will be appreciated. If we figure it out, the listing will be posted in the FAQ.

Myron B
CCSupplyroom

Uuuhm..Charlie, I take it that your Gannon FD 42-2 is for a Cat 0 3-pt lift. I also note the later style ID tag yours has.

Myron

From some of the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Special Duty Equipment catalogs.

185310.jpg

185311.jpg

185312.jpg

Myron-
I don't think this really answers your question directly, but here is a link to some images of my current (and former) Gannon Implements.

Art's Gannons

As you can see from the serial-tag, my Cat-0 Gannon is the 42-"02" designation.

Just so all know that we are aware of the later and mostly larger model Gannon Earthcavators. The search is to identify those 60's models with the brand they were made for. These will have an ID tag like the one I posted.

Case bought Colt so both of those are believed to use the same Gannon version. Likewise, Jacobson made the Ford GT's and thus likely use the same Gannon also. There may be other duplicates I'm not aware of...

Myron B
185323.jpg

Here's my rehabilitated Sears Version of the Gannon on my 122. Still looking for information.
(Yeah, I know..the seat pan is from a big-butted PO...
clappy.gif

Myron B
185923.jpg

Kraig, In the first and third pictures, on your Feb. 11 post. Are those 8.50's in that (I call it) snow tire tread?

Dave, Yes I do believe those are 8.50x12 tires. I have a couple sets of the lower style, neither set is in very good condition. I've always liked those tires in the top photo, sure would like to find a set...

Back