• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through March 27, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brandon, the correct seat for the 122 would be the fiberglass pan seat with white vinyl upholstery with blue edging. It is made from "unobtainium." Have a look at the seat on the "used once" 125 that was posted on the last archive page. That would be the same seat. Or better yet, here is a photo of Dan Hoefler's 122 it is correct in every way except that the paint is too perfect to be factory correct, oh and the tires are not the type that would have come on it and the grader blade would be an option.

256078.jpg

Brandon, check the engine specs and see if it's a 10hp (K241) or a 12hp (K301.) It's possible that it's actually a 102, in which case the seat that's on it would be correct. Nothing wrong with that seat BTW. Did you check on the top of the rear of the differential for the S/N tag? Have a look in the FAQ for the various S/N tag locations.

I just went for a short run on my 102 and see you guys are posting on that Cub. So I found a few items that will needs attention soon. the left spindle is wore where the pin is and will need to be re-cut (thanks Frank) also the valves rattle so bad that it is all I can hear . another item is the clutch petal does not come up very far. I could drive the Cub and it did not slip So I guess it could be the spring.Just some more work for me lol.

256082.jpg

Took the front tires off the rims to get the sand blasted. They still have the bumps on them ,but they are so hard (stiff) I don`t think they will last . Changing tires with this that i bought years ago and never used. works ok for small rims . But they say a 15" tire can be changed with it . I don`t think it will ever see a 15" tire changed with it lol.

256083.jpg

Kraig - any chance you have a pic of the underside of an O showing the starter switch, etc. curious what, if anything, is painted. Also, I pulled the push button off the top of the Os attachment arm and removed the spring but can't get the rod out. I've removed others from other models and wondering if it's not possible. Thanks

Catsing urp on da last few pages, goud redding,it is tuf wit no inteknet in duh Maine wouds.
Butt I come homely wit a cub.

Terry, please hit enter between the text and the image. Also if you post multiple photos hit enter between each photo. I'll have a look and see if I can find any photos of the dash underside for the start switch on an Original. I believe the rod is captive in the lift handle.

Test of multiple photos.
Brake pic for Gerry
256099.jpg

Chain drive Original
256100.jpg

Kraig - here's a pic of my 61 attachment lever. Which is correct. Have a 63 with identical lever. No wrap around cover just above where the push rod slides thru the bottom?
GRRRRRRRR!
256103.jpg

Terry, if the blue edging on that 122 seat is intact take very good care of it. It is NLA but can be reused if you have the seat reupholstered.

Kraig - have two good ones and waiting to use one on a reupholstered seat. Fiberglass pan on 122 is really nice - got lucky on that one for a change. BTW - feel like a new born man with pics now!

Donald - that lever pic was for you - sorry. Not sure which is correct - maybe both!

Terry, I believe the lift lever in your photo would be for the '61.

Terry, all:

I had one of those "chain drive" originals once. Clutch was tore up too. How's the clutch on that one?

What lengths some will go to to save a few dollars or use some leftovers from the shop...

Craig, can you verify that the lift arm that Terry posted would be for a '61? And that the style that Don posted would be for a later Original? Also, any input on the start switch/dash paint query?

Craig, Terry, Don, I may have gotten that backwards. Terry's lift arm would be from the later Originals and Don's would be the early style.
dunno.gif

Here's the lift arm from my mongrel Original.

256108.jpg

Latest posts

Back