• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 01, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok,
Bryan and I talked this morning and came up with an EASY solution for the Manuals and Wiring diagrams.

Go to the Topic page and scroll to the bottom.
CLICK HERE for the New manuals and Wiring diagram section

Rather than have the Manuals and wiring diagrams exclusive to the forum.

I decided to leave the manuals off the forum server, that way others on the net can have use of them too.

Bear in mind that I do NOT have a 3rd of the manuals and other items uploaded as yet, but the basics are in place and ready to use.

The Wiring diagram PDF is over 100 meg, so it will take a while for dialup guys & gals to get it to open up.
More than likely, I'll have to password protect it to keep it from ending up on sleeze bay!

We'll also be revamping the forums FAQ's in the near future to incorporate cubfaq.com, but still leave cubfaq.com off site so there gain, others may benefit from it.

If anyone has any ideas or thought, feel free to email me.

There's been a LOT of stuff happen this week and more to come as time permits.
We're getting closer folks!
clappy.gif

I know this is a bit off-topic, but has anyone heard from Kentuck (Ken) I haven't seen him on in a while. Just wondering if all was well with him.

STEVE B. - re: Onan B48G in 982's, they make good power. But parts prices are outragious IF you can find them. The govenor in my tractor I feel has NEVER been right since I bought it and it was just over-hauled 10 yrs ago, and now I have the slipping plastic governor ball retainer problem I've read about on another forum which requires $400 worth of new parts to fix PLUS complete engine disassembly. And THAT's not going to happen!

There's no visible timing marks to set ignition timing with a timing light like on the K-series Kohlers, and my igntion points seem to loose their adjustment every 80-100 hours which causes hard starts or a no-run condition. I have an intermittant gas leak at the main fuel mixture adjustment screw on the side of the carb. that my local dealer says the sealing washer kit to fix is NLA.

But they are a smooth running engine, the flywheel cooling blower moves a LOT of air so they don't over heat when mowing in the summer. And Onan engines have powered hundreds of thousands of stand-by generators and welder/generators. It's just too bad that the Onan brand has been bought and sold by so many companies in the last 10-20 yrs that nobody really wants to supply parts for them anymore.

I've put about 300 hours on my 982 that had a complete rebuild since I bought it. When it finally dies it will be replaced with something else besides an Onan. I was looking at Duetz air-cooled diesel engines a couple weeks ago. Pricy but much more fuel efficient, and durable enough to wear the tractor out one more time. Or maybe a Honda, Vangard, maybe a big Kohler Command.

CHARLIE - THANKS to YOU & BRYAN for keeping our favorite forum going! You guys do a GREAT job! Even though some of us like to screw things up a lot.

Andrew D.

I agree with you on what the new "Garden Tractors" and our Garden Tractors will do.

I have a co-worker, and the same winter I put my "old 1450" into frontline service he bought a new ~26hp Crapsman "Garden Tractor" he got the ~50" deck and a snow/dozer blade. We had our first really good snow here in Central Indiana, and he was telling me how well his "plow" (that is what we here in the Mdwest call front mounted blade to remove snow) worked well and it was nice to not have to shovel. I asked him how it did, and he told me that in the ~8" we got he could push about 10 feet down the drive, and then he would have to clear of from that center strip to the outside of each side of the driveway. I agree, compaired to a shovel, that would be nice. (He has weights, chains and may have 175lbs in the seat)

He asked me how mine did. (This is a 42" blade on the front of a 1450, with all components in place (side panels, etc), chains, no weights, and ~375 lbs in the seat). I told him that in the same snow, I stared in the garage, went down the driveway, the entire length of the court (50-75 yards) and pushed the snow around the corner so the city trucks could throw it in the neighbors side yard away from the driveways. His only responce was "Oh". I asked how deep it had to get before he could not move it anymore. He said about as high as the blade. I said "Oh". I found if the pile was about hood high, it did not want to push back pile any farther, this is pushing the 8" onto a pile, not standing snow that is hood high...... at that point, he did not think his did all that well......

Thanks Charlie-

It's great having the wiring diagrams and manuals just seconds away now. For some reason I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) with the work you've done to the site.

Great site and getting better every day....thanks again!

Finally found a throttel butterfly for my carter #26 carb on my 122, I found one at one of the sponsorors (imagine that).
What side does the little notch go top or the bottom?

Thanks Charlie for all you do. I have't had a problem with the site, except for one morning. I was gonna ask about KENtuck. Kind of miss the abuse!On topic, can I run manual pto without antirattle clips?

Latest posts

Back