782 Hydro Leak Help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... about the relief valve question: When I bought this tractor last July, the seller told us the transmission leaked a little. When I gave him my $200, he said that he also had a replacement pump, which I now think is from a 123. It is the same basic pump, but without ports for the hydraulic lift. What if I were to steal the relief valves off that spare pump and put them in my 782? Would they still work?

Probably, but you will have no hydraulic lift ETC.
Also you will have no way to move the tractor when it is shut off as the 123 will most likely have manual valves and you have no way to release them unless you cobble something together to do that just in case.

Just send yours off to MachTech and get them rebuilt and be done with it. You could have probably had them back by now.

Machtech Direct
605 Furnace Rd
Conneaut, OH 44030

Last ones I had done were $75 for a pair of them which included return shipping.
Hell of a deal, but that has been several years ago, so prices may have increased a bit.
He also sells on E-bay, check there as well for more info

Probably, but you will have no hydraulic lift ETC.
Also you will have no way to move the tractor when it is shut off as the 123 will most likely have manual valves and you have no way to release them unless you cobble something together to do that just in case.

Just send yours off to MachTech and get them rebuilt and be done with it. You could have probably had them back by now.

Machtech Direct
605 Furnace Rd
Conneaut, OH 44030

Last ones I had done were $75 for a pair of them which included return shipping.
Hell of a deal, but that has been several years ago, so prices may have increased a bit.
He also sells on E-bay, check there as well for more info
David, I didn't think that swapping valves, manual vs automatic, would have any effect of the hydraulic lift. Could you clarify? Swapping the pump would though.

Sorry, I stand corrected on that issue, I'm old!!!........
No problem there!
My daughter gave me this T shirt for Christmas one year. I embrace it.
1715697136803.png

Thanks for the clarification about MachTech. I'll be sure to check them out. We DIDN'T pit in the 123 pump. It's for sale on Craigslist in the Jenison, Michigan area if you want it. I was just wondering if the valves on that older pump would work on the one in my 782, since I don't care about the 123 pump whatsoever. Also, the only reason I have a replacement pump for a 123 is because the previous owner ordered the wrong one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back