• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Tachometer used to set speed on K-301

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I set the RPMs on my K301 I used one like this that I borrowed from a friend (I should probably get one for myself...):

Laser Tach

It comes with some reflective tape that you place on a rotating part. I placed it on the crank and set the RPMs before I installed the PTO Clutch. You can see it in this photo:

K301.jpg

I have one of these sirometers, you hold it on the motor and watch the little wire thingy vibrate at the right tempo at 3700 no load rpm.

Attachments

• DSC05580.JPG
    DSC05580.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC05581.JPG
    DSC05581.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 193
I have one, and a pencil type vibrator tach, but I prefer a digital induction tach that picks up from the plug wire - it can also have an hour meter. Leave it mounted.
Use 'em on my ATVs too.

@djkelly I like the idea leaving it mounted. Please post model or link to purchase. I also like the sirometer marked “Made in W Germany,“ don’t see that anymore!

I bought a sirometer several years ago, don't remember where, but it came in a box labeled
Briggs and Stratton vibra tach.

From the archives, I believe these may have originally been posted by Bryan McMeen. I know that Bryan had a Tiny Tach on his 1450:

5208.jpg
5209.jpg
5210.jpg
7536.jpg

My snap on multimeter has a function on it where i hook a clamp on the #1 spark plug and it will read rmps. Works pretty good

Attachments

• 20200327_144959.jpg
    20200327_144959.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 172

Latest posts

Back