• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Sunrise and Sunset Photos

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kent, nice view from the stand!
thumbsup.gif

No deer here either.
bash.gif

Kraig, I was thinking of you this morning as I watched the same sunrise. I have a neighbors house directly across from me so it was not quite the same, being above his roof line. But I was sure you took pics and yup sure nuff you posted them, Thanks Ron.
Oh also I had Canadain geese flying over too. They just added to the picture. Merry Christmas all.

great pictures Kraig !
Ill toss up one from a few weeks ago at a home I listed for sale @ $2,239,000. I could wake up to this very easy.
233755.jpg

Don, thanks. Wow, that is a nice view! A bit out of my price range though...
icon_eek.gif

Here's a few from this morning:

234196.jpg

234197.jpg

234198.jpg

234199.jpg

234200.jpg

Had another nice sunrise this morning.

234702.jpg

234703.jpg

Got a little artsy with this one. That's a Curly Willow silhouetted against the sunrise.

234704.jpg

234705.jpg

234706.jpg

234707.jpg

Art, thanks. Curly Willows are interesting trees, very easy to propagate too.

I did not see a sunset thread so instead of starting another I put them here...

234956.jpg

234957.jpg

Jeff, very nice!

When I started this thread I should have called it "Sunrise/Sunset Photos."
bash.gif

Hmmm, I wonder if Charlie can edit the title?

Charlie?

we will see if Charlies paying attention and can do it,,, he just posted the same thought I had in the main forum.

I like the new pictures, Kraig. The scenery in so many of the others seemed almost the same, picture after picture, year by year; this one seems fresh, as if it was taken at a different location.

(Just kidding about the scenery, I know you can't change the landscape of your homestead.)
smile.gif

Kraig-
Great pics! It's funny, I saw that sunrise as I was pullin into work this morning and thought, "Oh! I bet Kraig is taking a pic of THIS!"

cubwinker.gif

Art, thanks! Good to know i didn't disappoint you.
happy.gif
I missed a few good shots just before the sun came up. The sky had some great color to it with the cool clouds. I saw it out the window but couldn't get the camera and outside in time.
sad.gif

Jeremiah,
lol.gif
that's EXACTLY why I walked to this area of my yard to take the photos.
happy.gif
Quite a few are taken on my drive into work and I can only stop at a few locations to get good photos and they have to be taken at the proper moment. Timing is everything, well a MAJOR part when taking sunrise/sunset photos. Here's another one from this morning.

235470.jpg

Kraig, is the red "halo" in all your pictures today a function of the camera lens, or is it also apparent to the naked eye? I've never seen the effect before.

Just wondering . . .

Jeremiah, I believe that's an artifact from the lens and/or sensor due to aiming directly at the sun. I Didn't notice it when I was watching the sun rise but then I didn't look directly at the sun without the camera either.
a_blink2.gif

Nice sunrise this morning, which was a perfect opportunity for me to try out my NEW CAMERA.
buttrock.gif

236468.jpg

236469.jpg

236470.jpg

The moon was nice as well. Not bad for a 30x zoom AND hand held.
happy.gif
I need to get this on my tripod and see how it does.

236471.jpg

Latest posts

Back