• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Snapper

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjamison

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Binder 1650
Added a Snapper to the fleet. Runs, carb needs a kit and a good cleaning - otherwise appears to be OK. Has a 30 inch dedicated side discharge deck (vs the round hi-vac/mulching) which I prefer.

$50 yard sale find...

thumbsup_old.gif
286518.jpg

Bill, A lot of people love their Snappers. One of my neighbor's ran one for years. I know one man who installed a new short-block in his unit; but the new motor still failed because the carburetor was the villain. One buddy related to me that the internal on his machine included a motor-driven flywheel which transferred power via its face. The driven equipment ran faster the closer it rode to the perimeter of the disk, according to his explanation; I've never the internals myself, but I'm fascinated none-the-less.

Good luck with your new find, but I doubt will replace your Wheelhorse in the garden.
happy.gif

Jeramiah - thanks!

Around my neck of the woods, we had a dealer that sold Snapper and Lawnboy. The only other tractors sold around here were Sears Suburban as we had a Sears mail order outlet store.

Lots of Snappers around and Lawnboys too.

I had an aunt that lived in western North Carolina - where my mother was born and raised and she and her husband used nothing but Snapper mowers. I especially liked the self propelled push mowers. Her rear engine Snappers had the dedicated side discharge deck, like the one I bought. Brings back a lot of memories!

Latest posts

Back