• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Part # for throttle shaft repair kit

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstorma

displayname
Jim Storma
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for the part # that I need to repair my throttle shaft on my 169 Cub Cadet. I'm having trouble finding the correct part #.

I know I can get a bronze bushing from the Hilman's fasteners at my local hardware store, but they don't stock the correct size.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for the part # that I need to repair my throttle shaft on my 169 Cub Cadet. I'm having trouble finding the correct part #.

I know I can get a bronze bushing from the Hilman's fasteners at my local hardware store, but they don't stock the correct size.

Thanks,

Jim
1688268389213.png

Thanks guys. I purchased the parts and a few other things from McMaster. I appreciate the help from each one of you. I'll see if I can get the carburetor together this weekend.

Got my McMaster package today. Put two bronze thrust washers in by tapping them in with a wooden hammer and a clevis pin with a 7/16" diameter head. Had to hit the top inside edge with my deburring tool to get the shaft to fit. Very nice fit and the shaft rotates nice and smooth. I want to say I had about .060" of of wiggle in the shaft before. Now it's maybe .002" A little 243 loctite on the 3-48 screws and the throttle plate is in and still operates nice and smooth. Just gotta wait for the new float to come in tomorrow and then I can put the carb on the engine and all the hook ups. Maybe I could even get it fired up tomorrow night and get it dialed in....:unsure:

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back