• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My Cub, can anyone help me with what model this is?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhinch

displayname
Robert Hinch
IMG_2027.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG

I replied with this in your other thread: That looks to be a 122. If it has a Kohler K301 engine it's likely a 122. If it has a Kohler K241 engine, it's likely a 102. There should be a spec plate on the engine flywheel shroud near the coil.

102, 122 maybe. Depending on engine size. 10hp = 102, 12hp = 122. It's a manual, with the "straight grille" casting, so that is what makes me think those models. It also looks like a tall tunnel frame, so that rules out it being a 71

Not the right grille or fenders to be a 70/100, and wrong grille casting (not a "Zig-Zag") that would make it a 104, 124. It's also not a Quick Attach tractor, that started with the 1x4/5 models.

Not that it couldn't have been added, but the 102 had a different seat mount. Your Cub has the seat mount that would be for a 122.

Here's a 122:

122_01.jpg

Here's a 102, note the different style seat mount.

102_01.jpg

I read Mike Frade's piece about Cub Cadet FAQ and was amazed at all the information that was there. I went through our forums afterward and tried to find this for future reference next summer. I couldn't find it. Could someone tell me where I can find it? Thank you.

I read Mike Frade's piece about Cub Cadet FAQ and was amazed at all the information that was there. I went through our forums afterward and tried to find this for future reference next summer. I couldn't find it. Could someone tell me where I can find it? Thank you.

I can't be given credit for any of that.. More like Charlie (aka Digger) and many, many of the members here gathered / collected all the info found there. once you open the document, save as a favorite / bookmark the page for future reference.. And say Thanks to Charlie as he carried this place for many years too.

Couldn't find a serial number.

Robert - here is a link to FAQ 17 that has pics of the possible locations of your serial number. Assuming you do have a Model 122 your serial number could be in a square raised block on the right front side of the tranny/rearend housing, or it could be on the very back and top of the rearend next to a vent hole that is just above the rearend cover. Your 122 may well have a cover plate that's hiding the vent hole and serial number. You'll have to remove the cover plate to see it.

http://cubfaq.com/serialnumbers.html

Latest posts

Back