• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Missing part question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck67

I have seen a on other 107’s where there is a plastic turn knob on this threaded piece. There is a sticker there and I think it applies to the threaded area. I was wondering if someone could tell me for sure what this does when the knob is on it and I assume it can be tightened or loosened? I didn’t really know what to search for this to see if it had been posted before because I don’t actually know what it’s called. Any help would be appreciated. God bless you all and your families.

Attachments

• IMG_5429.jpeg
    IMG_5429.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 4
I have seen a on other 107’s where there is a plastic turn knob on this threaded piece. There is a sticker there and I think it applies to the threaded area. I was wondering if someone could tell me for sure what this does when the knob is on it and I assume it can be tightened or loosened? I didn’t really know what to search for this to see if it had been posted before because I don’t actually know what it’s called. Any help would be appreciated. God bless you all and your families.
Someone has cut the handle off and threaded it.
1715544051284.png

It releases the relief valves so the cub can be moved if not running.
The later model Cubs had automatic valves so no need for that
The handle is there, that stud is for a nut, washer and wave washer you pull up to lock down the release valve handle just like a 123 has, but you push down to freewheel the tranny.

Last edited:
Going to try to send picture of what it looks like. The arm underneath the tunnel has a part held in place buy a small roll pin, it pushes down the buttons on the relief valves so you can move your tractor when it is not running. The hole in front of the stud on my tractor is for the guard for the electric lift.

Attachments

• IMG_1338.JPG
    IMG_1338.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
Going to try to send picture of what it looks like. The arm underneath the tunnel has a part held in place buy a small roll pin, it pushes down the buttons on the relief valves so you can move your tractor when it is not running. The hole in front of the stud on my tractor is for the guard for the electric lift.
Thank you very much. A picture makes it much easier to understand. So mine seems to be missing the handle completely. I do not have an electric lift. So I think on mine it’s possible that it needs what the gentleman said earlier with the nuts, washer and wave washer. On that part. Then I have to see about getting a handle and what it takes to install it. Thank you very much for your help. God bless you and your family. Duane

I should’ve posted a picture like this one earlier in the original post. I guess my reason for not doing so is that I didn’t realize how important these holes were to show a bigger context. I am sorry about that. But it seems to me that the handle is missing and that the Wave washer and washer need to be put on the threaded piece.

Attachments

• IMG_5428.jpeg
    IMG_5428.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
It's all right there in the parts books
Parts 8 thru 10 plus 14 & 35
And, it's going to be a PITA to replace those parts 8, 9, & 10, as the tunnel cover is not removeable on that model.
I see #14 is still there.

1715689425407.png

It's all right there in the parts books
Parts 8 thru 10 plus 14 & 35
And, it's going to be a PITA to replace those parts 8, 9, & 10, as the tunnel cover is not removeable on that model.
I see #14 is still there.

View attachment 157035
Thank you very much for that diagram. I really appreciate it. I need to either buy or download the parts manual and owners manual. That helps a lot the diagram that you posted. Thank you very much. God bless you and your family. Duane

You know, if it's not a thing to be all OE on your Cub, you ~could~ just weld a piece of angle iron or other scrap to what's left of that handle sticking out the side of the tunnel... Paint it yellow if you want. That way you could actuate that lever and not have to tear the entire tractor down to get a new OE one stuck in there. I'd say 5 minutes with the welder and a chunk of scrap laying around vs the cost of a new/ used part, plus S&H, and ten hours of labor, busted knuckles, and lots of blue language isn't really even a comparison. Or you could go even cheaper and double nut those threads, and just throw a wrench or vise-grip on the correct nut when you want to use it.

Listen to what these other guys have to say on this question. It's not a major deal. Just put a knob back on there to use in case you need to release the hydraulic pressure in order to tow or move it without it running.

Thank you very much for that diagram. I really appreciate it. I need to either buy or download the parts manual and owners manual. That helps a lot the diagram that you posted. Thank you very much. God bless you and your family. Duane
Almost every one I've ever seen will have the part, number 8 in the diagram, broken off so it won't work anyway without removing the cover and manually releasing the hydraulic pressure. Just a note, that's all.

Latest posts

Back