• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

K301 governor shaft issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Black

ok issue. i have a k301. 12hp the governor shaft orig took a trip... the tab broke off. ok no big deal. i got a used one. but the issue is .. no e clip grove on the new one
the old one has a e clip grove.
so no way that i know of for the shaft to stay in the motor. it will slide right out to the arm. and then no governor .

what am i missing besides the grove.
can i take it out and grove it not really. i put it in without takin the motor apart. yep it was a lil tricky but its in .. so comming out probley wont happen .

ideas thoughts what am i missing so on . thanks

found answer.
small piece of tubing to slider over shaft then nut to hold in ..

SAM_5211__03551.jpg

Simple,
Loosen the 1/4" arm bolt a bit and slide the arm on the shaft in towards the engine a bit and retighten AFTER re-adjusting the the governor. There is no E-clip involved here.

Simple,
Loosen the 1/4" arm bolt a bit and slide the arm on the shaft in towards the engine a bit and retighten AFTER re-adjusting the the governor. There is no E-clip involved here.
that wasnt the issue..
issue was as i forgot and found out what part i was missing. the sleve that goes over the shaft ... or spacer if you will.
that is what i was asking about.. what part i was missing .. old age lol 55 lol
i have to find something to replace that missing part as iam not goin to spend 20 bucks for a lil sleve or spacer that isnt worth a buck ..

the orig shaft from motor the arm was rivieted and it broke off. so governor wasnt working no more .
had a used one sent to me but they didnt inculd the sleve or spacer what ever you like to call it..
the orig was E cliped. and no e clip grove on the new one. its spacer style as in the pic above

but thank you for the info .

Back