• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Half Century of Prgress August 22-25 2013 show.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
It's a working tractor/combine/corn picker/plowing show all rolled into one. Many people consider it the best tractor show for ALL brands in the US. If you only go to one show a year, every other year it should be THIS show.

http://www.halfcenturyofprogress.com/

I plan on having the 2 bottom there!

I amy be down there on saturday with the McHenry County group

STEVE - Go "LOADED FOR BEAR" with your "982" & plow if you plan to plow. I only went to the second HCoP, 8 yrs ago, but I doubt things have changed. That ground pulls unbelievably hard. I'd say similar to PD #2. I saw some mighty stout tractors get "Humbled" when they dropped their plows in the ground that day. Guy had a really sharp 1030 CASE w/M&W turbo, and matching Case 6-16 semi-mtd plow, dropped the plow in the ground, poured the coal to the tractor and as soon as the plow got 4-5 inches in the ground the frt wheels came 5 ft up in the air. People standing within a couple feet of the furrow and on the plowed ground, and golf carts WAY too close went scattering. Somebody could have been killed!

I figured 2-16's would have been a good load on the M in 3rd gear (5 mph) down there. I know the Super H wouldn't have pulled it, well, maybe in 1st gear.

BOB OFF (formerly "Easy Bob", is on the demonstration committee and that year he had his sharp 856 w/ IH 720 5-16's there. I suspect that 856 was turned up just a bit!
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back