• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Cub Cadet ProZ154 cutting out

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkdickinson

I bought a Cub Cadet ProZ154 last year and we love it. But I have a problem, hopefully easily fixed.
When we first started using it this spring, it kept cutting out. I figured it was bad gas or the fuel filter. I picked up a filter and changed it and put in a small amount of gumout fuel treatment. Seemed like it lessened the cutting out, but did not stop it. Yesterday, I was cutting some deeper grass and noticed that it seems to cut out more when it gets hotter. It got to the point where I noticed something very weird. If it died, I would turn off the blades, put my foot on the brake and start it... it would immediately die when the brake was released. I noticed that if I depressed the brake about 1/2" it would continue to run.
I had to keep the brake slightly depressed to get the mower back to my trailer and get it loaded. After a couple hours, I went out to unload it and it was working perfectly normal again. I suspect that there is a short in one of the safety sensors that gets worse when it gets hot, or maybe there is some other sensor that I don't know about???
Can anybody please give me some guidance on what I need to do to get this running without cutting out?
Sincerely,
Kirk

Latest posts

Back