• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

cub 149 steering

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Workman

I've got a cub cadet 149 and when I wad mowing the part of the ball joint that is on the end of the tie rod fell off the ball and I have a zip tie holding it on. can anyone help me find a place to get a new ball joint.

Welcome to the forum Grant!
Where are you located? If you are relatively close, I have a good used one you can have.

Does anyone have a good source for those little rubber dust covers on these ball joints. The newer MTD ball joint works well, but no dust cover.

Pro tip: Never buy standards like fasteners, rod ends, bearings, etc. from a dealer unless there is no other option. Their markup is insane.

McMaster-Carr has what you want. Not sure you could just buy the seal though.

Screenshot_20230420-111840.png

I have a cub cadet 129 that i am selling and whenever i shut it off and try to start it again it doesn't do anything anyone know why?

it will start cold but after running it for even 2 minutes if you shut it off it wont start back up like its not charging and something is drawing extra power while running

I've got a cub cadet 149 and when I wad mowing the part of the ball joint that is on the end of the tie rod fell off the ball and I have a zip tie holding it on. can anyone help me find a place to get a new ball joint.
I had the same problem some time ago. I found one quite easily to match it at a local TSC (Tractor Supply Store) for about $4.

Grant,
You can check the s/g to see if it is working or not. Go to the faq section and look up starter/generator check.
The faq's are under the IH cc tractor thread. When you get there, look at #47.

Probably a loose connection somewhere. Be sure and check your safety switches. You can check your S/G even if your cub won't crank.

Latest posts

Back