• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Carb: Carter #30 on a K301?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?... I would have thought the 30 would run way too rich... Any idea if theres any performance difference?
I *did* notice the #26'S HAVE A 1.07" bore, & the #30 has a 1.2"... and my K301 block has a 1.35" intake bore vOv

Really?... I would have thought the 30 would run way too rich... Any idea if theres any performance difference?
I *did* notice the #26'S HAVE A 1.07" bore, & the #30 has a 1.2"... and my K301 block has a 1.35" intake bore vOv
I've run a #30 on my 100 for 20 years, LOL
Adjust the carb accordingly.
http://cubfaq.com/carbsetting.html

Old Hotrodders trick. BOLT A BIGGER CARB ON HER

Welllll.... So it seems the one time i didnt do my research, and I forgot there is a ball & spring at the end of the choke shaft, which proceded to fly.. *somewhere*, across the garage when I pulled the shaft out of the newer #30, so I could replace it with the one from the #26. I did find the spring, but not that ball.
So, *then*, I broke the first brass shaft screw on the #26, trying to remove the choke plate.

Batted a 1000 last nite.

Anyone know where/if I can get the ball & replacement screws?
I checked CC Specialties, but dont see them listed on the site.

You need to file the exposed threaded end of those tiny #4 brass screws off before attempting to remove them as they are "staked" in place so as not to vibrate out.

May as well look for another carb now.

McMaster-Carr will have the brass screws and bearing ball. They might have something that'll work for the spring, too.

Latest posts

Back