• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

cadet rear engine rider

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, I think Scott Urschel has one for sale:

1601687730033.png

When you get one and get the project going, please post some pics. I haven't used one of those in many years but I have fond memories of mowing many yards on one when I was a kid.

Thanks for the reply. If I was closer, I would probably come pick it up. I know I can find an engine, but not sure if I can find a transmission. If I can find one or if you have any ideas on a source for a correct engine/transmission let me know. I did find a 60 as a parts machine, but the trans doesn't have a reverse on those. It seems like mower decks for an 85 are hard to find as well. Maybe someone in the forum can help out.

No problem if I hear of anything I’ll let you know
I think that I have found a transmission and engine. Is that a seat in front /side of the 85? I can't tell from the picture. Do you know anyone who might be traveling west? Maybe to the St. Louis area? Thinking of a way to pick it up possibly. My # is 620 757-9198 I am not in a huge hurry - I will have time over the holidays last 2 weeks in December if we can work something out. Thanks.

We have a fellow cub enthusiast who is currently cub-less, but wants to help us pull this together. He lives in St Louis but travels for work and is willing to swing by and pick it up, I think on Friday! He emailed and texted me. I dont have your information except from this forum. Please call or text 620 757-9198 or email me [email protected]. Maybe we can figure this out.

Longtime member here, only a lurker for the last decade or so.

I can get it to St. Louis if you guys can hash out payment, and I can pick it up Friday 6 Nov probably mid day.

Latest posts

Back