• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through September 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MICHAEL R. - As long as there's no burrs on the bottom of the exh. valve stem, You can disassemble the whole engine (use the engine manual ALLEN posted the link to!!!) and the camshaft & cam follewer/lifter can be removed and You can tap the valve stem out of the valve guide from the bottom of the engine with a long drift punch.

Too bad someone who had NO IDEA what they were doing tried to take the engine apart and left it open to the weather. K341 engines are worth BIG MONEY. That's the reason Wyatt & I built up K321's.

"Mike F. I was trying to avoid prying on the bottem of the valve so I don't damage anything else and whats left of the valve is too short to get ahold of from the top. I'm not too worried about it, if all else fails I'll simply let the pros at the machine shop worry about it. "
I know, that's why I suggested grinding sanding down the o.d. - so it would pass through the guide. You mentioned cutting the stem. If you cut it where the keeper locks in, with the smaller o.d. there. You wouldn't have a burr to worry about scratching or gouging the guide. If you placed some metal between the lifter and the stem you can spin the crankshaft, to turn the cam and in turn push the stem up and eventually out. I was also going to suggest the machine shop removal but it sounded like you wanted to do this. No matter, I hope it comes out easily, whoever does it! :cool:

Its all good. We'll get'er taken care of one way or another.
bouncy.gif

I brought the loader to the Rice County Steam and Gas Engine Show. I decided to install the front hoe and have the bucket ties to the wagon. That way people would figure out how the tractor worked. Had the better half drive it in the parade. We brought the RV and stayed all 3 days even though we only live 2 miles from the grounds. This was our maiden voyage for the RV without shore power, I bought a generator last spring.

169304.jpg

169305.jpg

169306.jpg

169307.jpg

169308.jpg

169309.jpg

169310.jpg

169311.jpg

169312.jpg

Dennis, scroll down to yesterday morning at 11:10
that aint a burr thats a mushroom. The dremel idea ain't bad unless you really like 50-75 bucks an hour. I wouldnt try cutting it off I'd use a stone If the stump spins just take it down in diameter. You have it mostly apart. pull the cam and lifter then punch it out the bottom.

Can someone tell me best place to get a carb.rebuild kit for a k161? on a model 71??
Thanks
Dave

Post it here or email me w/it Please! Appreciate the help!

Finished fine-tuning the trunion plates. In addition to fixing the arm, I also tightened up the swash plate a bit by welding up the corners a bit, then filing them back out so there is no slack in the swash plate. There is a little bit of side to side and end play with the swash plate once the snap ring is in place, maybe 1/32 of play. I need to get hold of some really thin shims the diameter of the shaft to take it up though.

David S:
You mean the Kohler # 25 757 01-S kit like the one that CC Specialties lists on their website (that you can get to from the pretty link at the top of the page, then by looking under the "Fuel Tuneup and Maintenance" section) ???

DAVE R. - I ZOOMED in on the pic of the lifter & valve stem, the lifter doesn't look lke it had the lash adjuster in/on it anymore. The broken surface of the valve stem in the exh. port doesn't have any marks from pounding on it... The idea of removing the cam/lifter and tapping the stem out from the top of the engine is a Good One!

There's something wedged under the spring retainer of the intake valve too. Too bad the person who started taking that K341 apart didn't have more TOOLS than a 3 pound ball pein hammer!

Dennis, without being there it's hard to say but whats under the intake valve spring might be the keepers for the exhaust valve.

Latest posts

Back