• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, no need to do that....they just need DSL ;)

Frank....Don't think of it as "more than I need" think of it as "one for every occasion" <font size="-2">(kinda like a Hallmark card)</font> I can think of a use for all mine. Now that I stripped 2 hydros I think I need to find replacements.

The new to me 73 is getting to pretty useful. 4 days now it's been runnin target duty. Those little 7hp's are so easy on gas. We run it back and forth from the bench to the targets, about 150yds. Well, the 73 is the bench. I sit on a front tire with the tractor angled away from the targets and use the hood and steering wheel as rests. See..another use for a quality Cub Cadet. The head gasket is holding up fine I'm happy to add. With the increased compression there is now increased oil burning so maybe this winter I'll overhaul it. I'd like to bore it if I can find the right parts for the BridgePort. The piston is a little sloppy. Other than power wise I think I enjoy crusin around on the 73 better than the 102.

Frank-

Thanks, but just about everything I know, I know because of this forum. I can't take credit for my knowledge...
happy.gif

Frank C: I solved my dial-up problem with www.wildblue.net (satellite). There's also HughesNet from DirectTV to consider. Costs about twice the price as dial-up, but once you have it, you'll never go back to dial-up...Kraig can keep those photo's coming....Eventually the Feds are gonna make the phone companies offer landline wideband over the phone lines to all subscribers. Its expensive to get it out in the "bushes", because each "hub" only goes out about 15,000 feet, so the phone companies are dragging their feet. You may go to your just rewards before that happens. We are close to getting it here very soon. I hope so. It's estimated be only about 1/2 the cost of the satellite service. That'll make reading the Forum and Kraigs photos even more enjoyable!!

Myron B
CCSuplyRoom

Kraig, bring on the pics. I lived!!! Sure would hate to go back though. For those on a budget I am on ALLTEL cell modem for $20 per month, still use just my phone not the aircard. So far very happy and it just eats up Kraigs photos. Maxes out the internet speedometer. Kind of nice for parts orders too. Dialup took over 3 min to load charlies parts pages. fleabay was a nightmare--- still is though!

Kraig - Keep the photos coming! I'm not sure what the percentage of dial-up is nowadays, but it's certainly a reminder of how spoiled we've gotten with broadband. As I've mentioned, I appreciate all of the progress photos on your Original.

Also, my Firefox browser (vers 3.0.3) doesn't always display all of the photos on this forum. I have to double and triple-pump the refresh key to get them all. Explorer seems to do much better.

Getting close to the time of year to quick-detach the mower deck and not-so-quick-attach the shredder/grinder! Now that I think about it, it's the front blade that's a pita.
biggrin.gif

<font size="+2">ROANOKE PLOW DAY - FINAL INFORMATION</font>

Last week was literally the straw that broke the camel's back. The combine is still parked in the shed, and the host (your's truely) ended up in the hospital all week for an emergency appendectomy (burst during surgery)........<font size="+2">...SO..........</font>

<font size="+2">Roanoke Plow Day will officially be held Saturday November 1st. It will be an all or nothing deal, no rain date</font> (due to the National Toy Show), but if the weather holds we should have the crops off by then and we can all enjoy some plowing!!! 4-H will have a food stand like years past.

Please pass the word, and thanks for being understanding.

Mr. Plow

One thing to add to Frank's list, and this goes for all tractors.

Do a complete rebuild on a tractor and the knowledge you gain will make you comfortable with any problem that comes up in the future.

Anybody who has done a rebuild knows what I am talking about.

Richard is right. I am doing a complete teardown and rebuild of a 73 and I think I like working on this better than my Dad's '81 Chevy truck.
buttrock.gif

I would like some advice or better yet picture of where the brackets attach on a 54 inch front blade.I tried the internet and found nothing. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back