• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 26, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, I have a ??42 snow thrower without the adjustment screw. It mounts like this picture from the CW-36 manual:

293705.jpg

My ??42 doesn't resemble the BB or CW series, and the gearbox is different from the the QA series.

I bought a beatup QA-36A and moved the 42inch thrower to the QA gearbox and mounting hardware. Now I have the adjusting screw!

Paul, you might have a CC42. I have some info on it somewhere. I'm posting from an iPod right now so I do not have access to my files. Next time I boot one of my PCs I will look up the info.

Harry (& all) I've finally had a shower / dinner and it's 9:19 PM.. I'm bushed! I snapped some pics but I couldn't talk the wife into chasing me with the camera! She wasn't even interested in throwing snow in my face!

2 tanks of gas, had to retighten the belt once but I did a couple hundred feet of sidewalk and 2 average sized driveways. The early part of the afternoon was a bear, still a lot of wind and snowfall and shoving the thrower into drifts hour after hour lost all it's charm quickly! But I have a good feeling of accomplishment.. the little 8 hp didn't miss a beat and the neighbors all smile and laugh at me when we (the tractor & I) go chugging by tossing snow to the side. Most of them are well past the age of shoveling, but the wives will be sending over the cakes / biscuits / muffins in appreciation. I can't wait!

I'll try doing the pics tomorrow.

Mike - cakes / biscuits / muffins - mmm, mmm, mmm, the good stuff. Sounds like you're really getting the brunt of the storm too. I know your little 8hp didn't miss a beat - but if you just doubled that hp and added about 10" width on that thrower you'd probably be out there about half the time - and twice the fun!!!

Thanks Kraig,

Yes, a CC42 sounds right. It was discussed on this forum a few years ago when I first got it.

I rebuilt the gearbox and the auger bearings to be ready this season. I haven't had enough snow to get it out yet. Maybe I'll do some clean up with it today.

I have two older units. A 127 narrow and a 128 wide with a rebuild motor. I was wondering if any of you all use Mobil I in your motors and what weight?

Matt Moredick - I don't usually get into stuff inside the engine but I checked the Kohler specs and I think you misplaced your decimal point and left a 1 off your numbers. The Kohler 7hp crank spec is 1.186, with max wear to 1.185. If you are looking at a used crank that measures 1.184 it's already past the wear limit. Using a brand new std rod (if you can find one) won't make up this difference.

Harry Bursell

My 125 had the crank turned down and a -10 thou rod installed . also a 30 over piston and the engine seems to run quit and sound good.

The next thing I need to find is were to by the cylinder inserts to make the engine a stock bore again since most of my Cubs are -20 and some are -30 now . I would love to start over .

Harry wishful thinking I guess. I started making one Sunday and thought why spend a hour making one if I could buy one. I thought maybe someone had hoarded a coffee can full of them and was ready to cash them in for big money.

Latest posts

Back