• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Kraig types faster than Art...
blush.gif

Art, yeah, but I think I may have overestimated the 3.5" to 4". I had just looked out in the driveway to guess and went by the old tire tracks. I should have looked at the entry deck, which I just did now, that looks like only 3".
blush.gif

greenthumb.gif

KRAIG,
What year is the CCO on your profile page.
I'd like to say wish I had that one and you had a nicer one.In this case I can't say that.Don't know if there is one that looks much nicer.
ROD

old.gif

shhh.gif
HEY FOLKS!!
Charlie was holding back on us all.
Go to CC Specialties and take a peak at the clock coming in January!
Sure was thoughtful of CC to come out with items to help me celebrate turning 50 next July!
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Rodney, Thank you! It's S/N, 47282, puts it at November 1962, it's a year younger than I am. I assure you it looks MUCH better in photos, it's just a rattle can paint job. I left some flaws as is, for instance the hood is bent on the top around the hood ornament and the right side of the hood had some dents that I left as well.

218324.jpg

218325.jpg

clown.gif

KRAIG,
So CC is throwing this big B-day bash for you also? Whens your party?
The '62' still looks great!
ROD

coffee.gif

someone broke it...

Scott, must have been Rodney.
dunno.gif

Rodney, I'll turn 50 in November 2011.
old.gif
Thanks again for the comments on my Original.
happy.gif

DON - No, It's working. KRAIG, ART, officially 3.1 inches here. Wife's normal 25-30 min commute took almost TWO hours last night. Gotta luv that Madison Beltline.

ART - Something self-contained works well too. The original all metal spring-loaded antenna shown in the one pic Broke a year or two ago, the flexible rubber encased replacement isn't worth a darn. I'm having a hard time finding a similar antenna to the one in the pic locally.

As a person who's run down I-94 in Zero deg temps with his truck's passenger window open 3-4 inches listening to my straight-piped PSD, I do enjoy listening to the K321 in the #72 bark as well. But for longer runs I like to use the headphones & radio.
icon_jam.gif

Charlie, put me down for a hat and two keychains
thumbsup_old.gif

got a couple inches here last night. gonaa go out and plow later

Lip - I'm with you on this weather guesser stuff for the snow. I think the boys predicting in Mankato need to get real with their predictions.

4" here in Rockford, IL, but dad used the Farmall and walk-behind. My 782 and 1872 are still wearing mower decks
lol.gif

Haven't had any Cub time since I've arrived home for break; my dad bought a lathe awhile back and we've been busy fixing that so I can start fixing/making Cub Cadet parts with it
construction.gif

Just made it home from my 400 klm trip.Left home at five am for an MRI and picked up the new boiler for my shop.I also got an air filter and oil filter for my D and something to pound on also. I did not have something I could use to beat something metal on to get it back where it was before . I was given a piece of I beam for that. Here is my new electric furnace.

218331.jpg

I had this prob thermostat here and now I will drill a hole in the floor and use this.

218332.jpg

Denny
I thought I was the only one to open rear vents so I could hear my Cummins bark from the dual five " tips lol. When I got to the kubota dealer there was a shifter for a cub on the counter and the parts guy said to me do you know what that fits? I laughted and said yep and the he told me he got a deal on that shifter.He said I paid $100.00 and shipping(23.45) for it. All I could say was do you need any more.lol He said I need a deck for a 129 and I`ll pay $400.00 if you could find me one. That made me smile .
old.gif

HTH did tankless water heaters migrate to this page?
I thought there was a thread for that somewhere else already!
bash.gif

Kraig

There is no round tuit here for me yet. I have a 1961 O I think , its a long number but its original .

218336.jpg

but I have found all that I need for now lol.

218337.jpg

An my 62 will have to wait lol. I have other fish to fry lol.

thumbsup_old.gif

Nice O

Charlie
Is this more on topic?
And I know you love this

sorry.gif

bottom.gif
draw.gif
clappy.gif
old.gif

Kohler 12HP govener spring???? Ok I put the 12 HP back in the 1200 after new valves, still runs a bit wild. I dropped the pan and all looked good with govever. The spring from the throttle is NOT the original. I know this is a VERY hard to answer questin how stiff is the standard spring? This came from a kid doing pulling, its a dam wonder the motor didn't thow a rod.

Wayne Makowicki

get yourself a corect govenor spring, and then you can tune it to IH spects. Up three holes on the govenor and three down on the throttle and start there to get a good working tractor. If you don`t have the right tools to start with the job will not be what you wanted. That spring has to have the right tension for you to start to get the best performance for that K 12 Hp.

What do you think folks? Good running Cub Original with a snow blade. Guys wants $500 although I wouldn't pay him his asking price. I really want an Original for my collection. Seem like a good deal??
218352.jpg

218353.jpg

218354.jpg

Latest posts

Back