• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through December 17, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rodney,
This is the tractor on the left, S/N 409. I bought it in the hills of east Tennessee in 2003 from the original owner's (Frank Majer)son (Ken Majer). It originally was assigned the Engineering Center tag number of QFE-1911 with rotary mower tag number of QFE-2594. The 409 S/N was stamped into the gear reduction housing when it was sold to Mr. Majer and the "Q" tag removed. I refurbished it to the condition shown in a 1964 photo I received with the tractor. It is now owned by Tim Delooza and lives in New York state.
218256.jpg

This is the tractor on the right, S/N 510, and one of 25 test tractors. I found it in a barn on a farm owned by a Lexington, KY Cub Cadet dealer also in the 2003 time frame. It had been brought to the dealer 10-12 years earlier by a former IH employee to have the engine rebuilt, and after the engine was torn down and the man quoted a price for the repairs, he traded it in on a new Cub Cadet. The dealer took it the "the farm" and parked it in the barn with several other older model Cub Cadets. It now lives in Massachusetts.
218257.jpg

Allen: Google QVEA.
angel.gif

Don't be afraid to move these forum discussions a little further East. Ask Lewis!
draw.gif

Paul,
I did not know that,then again I do appreciate your input.
Thanks for the history lesson.
Are any of your old coworkers collectors of all things cub cadet or IH???
Frank C
why go there? All should Know about it here.

Paul,
Thank you so much!
Is it okay to print off a copy of each?
Is the history written down anywhere about these?
A 50 yr book would be nice about all of these,and
the known history of each.
I have HANKS 45yr book.A calender would be nice also of 12 low serial # CCO'S.
These two would really be 1960's?
THANKS AGAIN,
Rod Smith

I think you guys must be talking about the owners of this impressive collection of Tractors.
218260.jpg

I think I have the right people
old.gif

Allen if you come to Ct are you looking for parts or full machines? I found a someone with good prices

Snow chains and tires. Ok putting on chains for the coming snow, as much as I want AGs on my cub it would seem turf tires would work best with chains????

All,
Thanks for input on chains on ag tires. I had not thought about the chains leaving an impression on the tires. I will go ahead and swap either 8.50 or 10.50 turfs with chains, and may go ahead and put my factory rear box on the 104 as well. It is time to retire the 122 for awhile for the clutch replacement and the engine is getting tired anyway.

I also have a wind breaker style cab that will fit the 104, but did not work on the 122. I am missing the doors, but it is nice to have a "roof" for wet snows.

Wayne M.
Turf tires with chains out preform ags with chains 10 to one!
Makes no difference if your running in dirt or snow!

Latest posts

Back