• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 27, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me if there is a Kohler V-Twin that will drop in a QL 1450? If there isn't, which one would require the least modifications?

T.G.-

Nope. The CH18/20 could probably be made to fit, but you'd have to cut the frame for the starter and probably not run side panels.

Matt i an sorry to say i used the paint from NAPA and it wasn't close to the correct color. I painted over it. I got the paint numbers from the faqs and went to the Martin Senior dealer.

168843.jpg

168844.jpg

Not perfect but i like it much better.
Luther

Luther H.,
That is one beautiful 127 - It looks better than new to me!
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

A couple of questions:
1. Do you run a deck under it?

2. What did you do to clean up the two chrome handle levers?

3. What is it you have for rear seat pads at the body?

Thanks!
Ryan Wilke
beerchug.gif

P.S.
Is that your 'dual tube' Kohler under the hood?
coffee.gif

Luther that is a fine looking 127 you have there. the paint looks great, I think that a Cub painted like that there is more of a chance it will be around for a long time to come. I have and will get another of my Cubs painted this winter. I plan to do a 104 and my O this winter. Have a great cub day all. Later Don T
ihrotate.gif

Ryan; I have the deck as nice as the tractor is but don't run it. I completly sand blasted and painted the bottom with POR 15 before painting.I cleaned the tubes with automobile Rally cream polish. The seat pads is stainless bolts with felt pads on them. Will put seat bumpers on later. The dual tube Kohler is one of four that i have. It came from a 127 but not this one. I need to paint the grille or find a new one and touch up a few dings. I had not washed the tractor good before the picture. It has Acrylic Urathane paint from Martin Senour on it. Sorry i don't have a good picture of the deck. Thanks for the compliment.
Don thanks. I have 10 in good running condition but not painted. I love to do the mechanical part then intend to restore but never get started. The 127 has over a gallon of paint on it so it has the depth when you look at it but i would not do another one the same way.
Thank you. Luther

took the moter out on my 782 to replace starter and clean it up. It is ready to put make in and the driver that mounts on the fly wheal the bearing that the end of drive shaft sits in falls out how big of deal if I dont put it back in thanks

If you're saying that the alignment bearing at the end of the driveshaft fell out, you need to put that back in. It's not good that it fell out to begin with. Something's worn

has any one every fixed an alighnment bearing and how did you do it

Latest posts

Back