A Fetish For Rocks

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Chip and Ludwig just prompted this thread. Here's Shadow:
188370.jpg

She just turned 7 and when she was maybe 4 months old I was b/s'ing with the guy I got her from (at about 4 weeks old) and picked up a rock and threw it into the woods. Shad went out and brought back a rock. I said "Rick, I think that's the same rock I just threw out there". It had a nick on a corner, I threw it again and back she came with it. Since then, I guess she thinks it's her job to deal with rocks. I just haven't taken the time to try to teach her to put them in a bucket. She figures if she can get them, they're hers!
See the rock garden that Charlie blames his wife on? He loved every minute of it! He got a chance to please his wife and run his equipment at the same time.
Shadow and Ludwig seem to think that rocks are toys. Maybe they're trying to tell us that there's something more special about rocks than we really understand?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank-

Shadow must have a little "rock"weiler in her blood. She's a pretty girl. I really like her two-toned tail. I bet she's a lot darker coming than going.

Here's one she can't pick up - but she can stand on top of it. (Rockweiler/goat).
I think this rock is called a Conglomerate and, to me, is an example of how Mother Nature can take over if Man leaves her alone;
190237.jpg
smile.gif

Frank - Yep that's what it's called. We have'em down here along the river.
Here's a rock that's about 2000 pound that my buddy drug off a mountain in the further most east corner of Ky. You can see the water worn path on top , like he has (had) it for a pool. There is also a water worn trough on the bottom too where water had ran under it. I think he told me that it was in a little stream.
I'll get a better pic of it the next time I'm there.... only 20 minutes from here.
190256.jpg

Oh yea , if you like rocks have you seen my "Pipe Bending" thread ?

Kraig - I know you like rocks , but the doctor said you had enough. He said that rattle you keep hearing is closer than you think so send back the K241 rebuild kit.
biggrin.gif

Kentuck:
You sayin' he's gonna be unbalanced??
clappy.gif

Kid<sub>e</sub> - I ain't gettin' in the balance of things ... I'm just hinting that Kraig has ROCKS in da head !

Gerry, what do you mean "gonna be"? I'm already unbalanced...
dizzy.gif

KENtucky, well I do often have rocks on my mind...

I have rocks all over the property that I've hauled here from the farm or purchased from the local gravel/stone yard. Here's one I have in my entryway that I purchased.

190286.jpg

The two "water basins" I made back in about 1991 or 1992 from stones that I found on the farm. I used a core drill to drill an 8" diameter circular groove 3" or so deep. I then used a masonry chisel to chisel out the center creating the hole. The granite column under the stone lantern was purchased, the light box is made of cedar with fiberglass lenses. The cap stone and light box base of the lantern were "found" rocks.

190287.jpg

190288.jpg

I have left a few rocks at the farm. This is a pond I put in for my parents back in 1988.

190290.jpg

190291.jpg

190292.jpg

190293.jpg

I forget where I "borrowed" this GIF from.
blush.gif
I forgot I had it, found it when looking for rock photos. Kinda fits here.

190295.gif

Here's another view of that rock I found going through my pics. There is 3 water troughs. The one on top , the one under the rock that you can't see AND there's one on the right side I just noticed in this pic.
190503.jpg

KENtucky, that's once nice rock! I like how your friend used it, perfect!

Kraig - That "pool" was my old 10' fiberglass dish. Ain't had a good dish to eat out of since ... takes to many refills with 12" ones !

That's all gone now. He just has it sitting off to the side now. I used the winch on the TOY to move it around for him one day. It was a hard pull for a 9500# winch. I had to put the front bumper up against another tree to hold the truck.

KRAIG !
I keep trying to remember where it was that you sent me links for that place that had the glacial polished and grooved rock. Do I remember right that it was pink rock ?? or am I just confusing it with Art's newest plowing tractor project ?
CRS is a wonderful
what was I typing ?

Latest posts

Back