• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1450 Transmission Assistance

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant jb weld
I really appreciate the advice. I have the parts on the way and I have a craftsman mower that I have had for a few years that I use around the property. I have been waiting to find a tractor like this one for a while, so I am not going to work it until I fix it. I plan to own it and use it for as long as it or I will work so I am going to go ahead and fix all of it one piece at a time.
Also good to hear that I only have to take the seat and finder off to work on it. I really did not want to take the trans out.

Thanks everyone so much for the help! I was able to access the trunnion arm and weld the piece on so that the springs are now in place. I am able to drive around now which is awesome, but... Now when I run at full throttle it shutters very badly until I throttle back down to lowest idle. I have found there is a motor mount on the left side that is missing. I am going to take the one off the right and match it up at the store and try to put them both back in. I am hoping this solves my problem but if there are any other reasons for a shudder in the engine I would like to know. I can see my drive shaft (seeing that my tunnel cover is missing) and it is spinning very smooth. I have no problems at all at lower idle so I do not thing it is a carb issue but could be wrong. Has anyone else experienced a shudder in the engine at higher idles and it was something other than the motor mounts?

Oh, and to answer any questions that I saw discussed further up in this conversation, I was able to access the Control drive plate, Swashplate control arm, and Control arm by only removing the seat and the fender as a whole. It was a bit of a .... chore to get the tension rings off the arms, but I made it happen. I did have to get the special wrench to get them back on though. I was able to do the welding by placing a wet town all around everything that I had uncovered, and only letting the Swashplate control arm extend above it.

Latest posts

Back