• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1450 More Drive shaft issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobdoss

On my 1450, I reversed the rear connectors and installed spiral pins as advised , however I have a new problem. I cannot get the shaft in place, it's like 3/8" too long , there is absolutely no slack. It does fit if I pull the pin in the front coupler and slide the shaft forward, however there is no way to get the pin back in as the mounting bolts are directly inline. I tried another shaft and had same issue. I did not have this problem when I replaced the fan blade on the 1250, that was easy. The only thing I can think of is loosing the motor mount bolts and try to slide the engine forward, I did use solid mounts. Any suggestions? Thanks

On my 1450, I reversed the rear connectors and installed spiral pins as advised , however I have a new problem. I cannot get the shaft in place, it's like 3/8" too long , there is absolutely no slack. It does fit if I pull the pin in the front coupler and slide the shaft forward, however there is no way to get the pin back in as the mounting bolts are directly inline. I tried another shaft and had same issue. I did not have this problem when I replaced the fan blade on the 1250, that was easy. The only thing I can think of is loosing the motor mount bolts and try to slide the engine forward, I did use solid mounts. Any suggestions? Thanks

Latest posts

Back