• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Zero turn - HELP!!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
Mowing with my zero turn last night and was almost done when I went to turn around and the steering quit. Won't move at all. Engine is running fine and the deck is mowing fine, but the thing won't move. Did I shear a pin or something simple? It was too late last night to mess with it. Thanks!
IMG_5643.JPG

Looking into this, could it be just the belt that came off or broke? (Item #16)
Rear wheels and drive train.JPG

I hope that’s all it is for you. Makes sense if neither side moves.

That is about how far I run the long tiller belts…… LOL

Glad it was something simple.

Seems like there are several of us on here that have some flavor or newer CC ZTR, or off-topic ZTR’s…. Well I think I still have one… it hasn’t been out in over a month….. right now it looks more like a toolbox than a mower….. LOL

Hey, back to this zero turn mower. Last fall it quit running and it seems like it ran out of gas. Not the case though. This last week I checked the fuel line and gas tank. All is clear and clean. I replaced the fuel filter and it still doesn't work. It does start however it won't stay running. If I choke it when it starts to "stumble" it snaps out of it only for a short time. I feel like its a fuel delivery problem, but I don't know much about these "newer" engines. I like my old Kohler 7hp engines. They are much simpler.
Any thoughts on what could be wrong before I take it to the Cub Cadet dealer for service? Thanks.

If it's like mine. It's pretty simple.

Tank under the seat, line with filter in it. To a pump on the engine then to the carb.....

Is the pump, pumping?

Yes, I took all those lines off and checked to see that they were not blocked. I do not know if the pump is pumping. I figured that was the next step, but I wanted to be more sure before I spend the money.

I had a similar experience with a Greene tractor and it ruined out to be a clogged fuel line, or fuel tank outlet. A blast of compressed air, and a tank flush solved that.

Sounds to me like the MAIN METERING JET needed to be cleaned. Just take it out and run a torch tip cleaned through it. "the only way to clean one" in my opinion. Over time these new fuels will restrict the tiny hole in the jet. depending on the engine/carburetor combination you can just remove the bowl and clean the metering jet.

It looks like I've done everything except checking the main metering hole. I'll try that here in the next couple of days and let you know.
Thanks.

Hey, back to this zero turn mower. Last fall it quit running and it seems like it ran out of gas. Not the case though. This last week I checked the fuel line and gas tank. All is clear and clean. I replaced the fuel filter and it still doesn't work. It does start however it won't stay running. If I choke it when it starts to "stumble" it snaps out of it only for a short time. I feel like its a fuel delivery problem, but I don't know much about these "newer" engines. I like my old Kohler 7hp engines. They are much simpler.
Any thoughts on what could be wrong before I take it to the Cub Cadet dealer for service? Thanks.
Sounds like you didn't go far enough... Carburetor is next. Garbage clogging jets.. Stuck needle valve.

Update:
Well I gave up and took it to the dealer. Cracked vacuum line and the fuel pump was bad. Up and running ready for summer.

Back