• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

XT1 Starting Issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Bowen

I have a XT1 Enduro LT46 that I bought at Home Depot a little over a year ago. Great little tractor, very happy with it so far.
We had a snowstorm after Christmas and lost a few trees. Last weekend broke out the chainsaw to clean up. Hooked the trailer to my tractor for hauling, and it would not start. No clicks, bumps or otherwise. Only sound was a high-pitched hum/whine from under the seat. I figured that the battery was dead, so put it on the trickle charger for a few days. After battery was fully charged, still the same results. This sound is NOT mechanical, as in a starter not engaging. It is electrical in sound. I replaced the voltage regulator this morning, no change. Another clue is that the LCD dash display is not working, and I know it was when it was parked. All starting procedures are being followed, sitting on seat, brake engaged, etc. Any ideas where I should go next?

What engine is in your machine? It looks like there were several options.

Find a schematic and grab a multimeter to start troubleshooting.

if you can jump it off the starter .... then the sillynoid. that i think is only thing under the seat. 2 interlocks also but they wouldnt make noise.
hum is sillynoid.

Last edited:
Back