• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

XT1 LT46 convert from stamped to Welded deck???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert_Patterson

Hello all, I have a Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 I bought new back in 2015. Up until this year it was stored on a covered patio so it wasn't completely protected from the elements. My stamped deck is stating to get some good rust going in a few spots and I'm thinking since everything else is still great it would be better to get a new deck than to replace the entire mower. I've learned since purchasing it that welded decks are better and I'm wondering how hard or if it is even possible to convert it to a welded deck. Has anyone else done this before? Think all the brackets that hold the stamped deck on may all work for a welded deck? I've searched and it looks like they never made a 46" welded deck so I would have to go with a 50" deck instead. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have an xt2 with the 46" welded deck. I'm not sure if it's available in the xt1 or not, but the attachment points are all the same. You can swap a 42" with a 54", of course the belts would be different, but to hang it under the tractor, the are all the same. I used my dad's 54" deck while my 46" deck was getting a spindle replaced, under warranty, with no issues. Just used his belts and everything else was the same. However, if your xt1 doesn't have an electric pto, it won't work, as there is no provision to attach the cable tensioner used on the big box store machines, unless you feel like some fab work.

Hmmm, if when you say PTO you are referring to the output on the back you see on larger tractors for attachment my XT1 does not have one at all.
Nope, I'm referring to how your blades are turned on. It is common in the garden tractor world to use the terms electric clutch and electric pto as the same. The xt1 I believe has a lever that engaged the blades. The bottom of the lever is connected to a cable, that cable in turn provides belt tension to start the blades. The xt2 has a switch that sends power to the electric clutch, or electric pto, to start the blades. If you have the lever, you'll have to adapt to the electric clutch or, fabricate a bracket to use your cable to start the blades. Hopefully, this clears up your confusion.

Back