• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

XT 1 enduro series

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshthroop

displayname
Joshua
Fellas, A friend has a xt1 enduro series cub he bought new a couple years ago. Its an 18hp 2017. I am fully aware that this is a forum for older cubs (I have a 1282) but wondered if anyone had some insight into this model, good or bad? I am looking at purchasing this from my friend as its to big for his yard.

Josh, I work on a variety of mowers and cubs in general are pretty solid..BUT, they are MOWERS not tractors....The only continous things I see are blown Kohler "courage" engines in the 18 to 20 hp range.I have 2 right now with less than 130 hrs (about 3 yrs run time). They are more than 5 yrs old tho. Overall cubs seem to be good quality but every mfg is making mowers cheaper with more plastic and thinner metals....personal opinion....again they are not meant to be workhorse tractors...

Gary,
I greatly appreciate your input. I was offered the mower and a small trailer for 1500$. After some research I saw complaints about the engines and a few other common issues. I would rather spend another 1000$ and get something that will last. I feel bad because my wife likes the mower and she needs something easy to run and reliable while I am at sea.

josh,does that mean uncle sam's canoe club? Was there myself..(destroyer)....mtd is making most mowers today.No matter who it is the point is to get it thru the assembly line as fast as possible.I personally don't believe any thing is designed to take apart any more...If I were looking around $3000.I'd study more.Most mowers today operate and ride well when their new.good luck...

Gary,
Your service to our country is greatly appreciated. I work in the merchant marine.
As far as the mower, the wife took it for a test drive and mowed with it. She likes it, if she is happy I am inclined to buy it and go about my business. I have learned the importance of a happy wife 😉

Gary,
Your service to our country is greatly appreciated. I work in the merchant marine.
As far as the mower, the wife took it for a test drive and mowed with it. She likes it, if she is happy I am inclined to buy it and go about my business. I have learned the importance of a happy wife 😉
Marvelous attitude !! Take good care of the mower and the wife ,they'll both be around a long time....

XT1 tractors are XT2's with the bumper removed, bushing instead of bearings in the front wheels, Squared tires that are more likely to scuff on a hard turn and no arm rests. Some years have a Chinese Cub engine instead of a Koehler 7000 series and a less durable transaxle. They will mow for quite a few years, but are not as durable as what most of us are used to.

Latest posts

Back