• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, thanks for sharing the video! I see you had a helper with to clear trash and straighten the camera.
happy.gif
I thought the camera was going to tip off for a few moments there.

Kraig- Yes, Connie was a big help that day. The camera was tied down to the draw bar frame so it looked a little worse that it was.
biggrin.gif

Kevin- Thank you! I've grown up on these letter series tractors but that doesn't compare to what they were doing in the fields during thirties and forties. Very physical work.

Been wanting to get those fenders out there a little further.

325641.jpg

More parts showed up today. Might have to put them in this weekend and see what happens. Hope to get rid of the fuel starvation issue.
popcorn1.gif

326535.jpg

Brian, I agree with Mike, the tractor sounds great! Love hearing it, that sound sure brings back memories.
happy.gif

Wow!! Spring time already. So much work to get done and as usual not enough time to get there. Got started a couple of weeks ago on trying to get this thing started and get some work done because a guys gotta plow, right. Same thing as last spring, no fire for some reason and the mag not snapin' over. Grrrrrr. Take the mag off put it on the bench and roll it over.........SNAP! What gives??? Put it back on the H and got one puff of grayish smoke and no more fire............hmmm. Couldn't stand it anymore so this time I took it off and stared to tear this thing apart. Parts look new and fresh, connections look good and other than the cheap cap and rotor things look fine. Started to take the impulse coupling apart and what a chore that is but finally got the cap off to take a look. Everything was clean and the spring was lightly greased from rebuilding so should have been fine. After looking closer it looked and felt like one of the arms would not pull back like the other one. The springs looked fine except the holes that the return springs are hooked to are chamfered so far back that it lets the springs twist and roll over a bit. Had a buddy of mine tig weld the top of the hole closed so as to drill the hole back out and relieve the edges but a lot less than before. I've got a picture of the plate that I'll post but I've got to check and see if the rules on picture size have changed any. Sorry I haven't updated in awhile but I hope to get back to work soon. Hope everyone has been well!

So the H has driven me nuts with not quite running right, for awhile now. It has really bothered me that the mag has not snapped over when the motor was at tdc. So after several attempts it was clear that the mag drive was 90 degrees out. The slot in the drive is now sitting in the 9 and 3 position when I had originally set it at the 12 and 6 position. Here is a short video clip. The big thing here is how quickly it starts.

Well done, Brian! The tougher the battle, the greater the satisfaction, right? The quick start and smooth running engine are very impressive. Rock on!
:banana-guitar:

Love the sound of that H, it sure brings back memories of bailing hay in my youth. Glad to hear you got it figured out.

IH_Thumbs_UP_WHITE.gif

Man, does that tractor starts easy or not! Sounds like a brand new engine. Well done!
Is/was brand new. LOL! I looked through the spark plug hole the other day and could still see cross hatching in the sleeves yet, for what it's worth. This is my first IH motor from the bottom up so I'm still learning as I go. Made a boat load of mistakes but I keep moving forward.

Hi'Ya Brian. Thanks for the update with video. I agree with everyone else, awesome job on the tractor, it sounds just wonderful and starts so easily... makes me think I should have you work on my 169 LOL....

Back