• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty- Yes, so true and thank you!

Got to find some thing I can do on this tractor while this weather is going crummy. Been thinking about going to Alro Steel and seeing if I can find some flat stock to start fabricating a new battery tray. That would be a good project.
coffee.gif

Nice Work.. I restored a 1941 distillate H myself, You did a great job! Keep the old iron going...

Well not much has happened with this weather but finally made it to Alro and picked up a chunk of 10ga steel to get the battery bracket together. Hopefully I can use the shear and the brake press at work.

Good grief.

325332.jpg

These are just temporary till I can get real cables ordered with the cloth wrap.

325333.jpg

And who knew it would fit in the trailer? Little bit of a trick getting the steering wheel under but with a few bolts it squeezed by.

325334.jpg

Interesting POV shot / action. I'm surprised the camera stayed on!

under edit; OH, and nice work with the battery box too!

Brian, very nice job on the battery box! Interesting view of the plowing.

roflol.gif
Ya, strapped my camera down to the draw bar and let it roll. I was more interested in working on the tractor than the camera but I still wanted to get some video in. I'll upload some more as soon as I can.

Thanks for the look guys!

Great video Brian! Using antique equipment like that and your tractor gives one an appreciation for how much more physically demanding farming was 'back in the day'. No tractor cabs - sitting out all day in the heat and humidity, breathing in dust... long days in the field because you are only plowing two bottoms at a time.

Back