• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, Thanks Marlin! The guys that do the those big machines have my respect. I can't imagine how much more complicated things get as the machine gets bigger. Some of these things really baffle me and take quite awhile to figure out but I guess that comes with the territory. Dad and I are just reading the factory service manual, parts diagram and asking questions at this point. Hope to get the head clearances checked in the next couple of weeks and get the head back on.

Brian,
You're doing an awesome job! I've enjoyed reading this thread from beginning till now. Keep up the good work!

Marlin,
If I had to guess, the hand crank is stuck underneath the radiator where the sleeve slides out of the front casting to mesh with the crankshaft. Easier with the radiator off. Then you can drench the shaft/sleeve with PB blaster or your favorite penetrating solution. Keep soaking it and carefully tap the end and see if it will start to move in. You can also put the hand crank in and see if it will turn or gingerly use a pipewrench to get some more leverage. Once it starts to turn, you can tap it in and out, using more penetrating oil. It'll free up. I haven't run across one yet that didn't. Yet..........
err.gif

This is just to better explain the VW front wheel thing that I mentioned earlier. After the steel was cut off the VW rims from grandpas little Bug just made sense.

313793.jpg

That engine is looking great! Thanks for the better pic on the VW wheel, really explains a lot!

Brian, I second what Marlin wrote, "I love the progress pictures."

OOOOOOO SO close now! And it looks great too.

Every time I see your name "pop-up" in this thread I expect to see you saying "it lives again"!!! LOL...
biggrin.gif

Well Mike......I hate to rush perfection..
roflol.gif
Soon.

Need to get some oil around get a test stand built, valves adjusted and mag mounted. Another weekends worth of work and it should be getting about there.

I understand completely Brian.. when it gets that close for me, I'll pull an all nighter if need be. LOL.. The anticipation just kills me!
biggrin.gif

So I'll be waiting.... almost patiently!!
bannana_guitar.gif

Back