• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

WWII Farmall H

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a chance to get the tractor out in the field and spend the day working the dog snot out of it. Didn't know it was going to happen the way it did but the baler ended up behind the H. Lots of steep hills and areas of heavy crop and all I can say is WOW! That machine has way more grunt than I ever expected when this project got started. It ran all day, never stopped and at no time did I ever hear a miss or a skip at idle or under load. Started the day off with changing plugs back to the Champion D15Y's from the D21's that the engine started with and checked all the gaps for everything as I had been messing around. I think it's finally ready to start on the next phase of the project. I made some video but it's pretty crude because I was concentrating on keeping the baler on the windrow. Hope you enjoy!

Brian, that's great! Congratulations on your impressive restoration to this point. I looked back at your thread and couldn't believe how long ago you started that project. Time flies. Very impressive!
:beer_chug::greenthumb:

I second what Mike wrote.

Oh, yeah!
bouncy.gif

Back in the day I also bailed some hay with an H. One had to quickly flip in into neutral when the hay was heavy. No live power unless you had the M&W aftermarket.

Ya, it wasn't too bad. Most areas were average to light and I think there was only two spots that I had to do that in the entire field. Once the baler had some bales put through it, it would handle the entire throat full in 1st gear, which seemed pretty good for an antique baler. Live power and/or the TA would have been nice though.

Taking 10 days off starting tomorrow. We'll be praying for good weather and favorable winds as I will try and get the final push in to finish this project up. Hope it all comes together as there's lots left to do.

Brian,
Boy, that brought back memories! I remember those days following a bailer and tractor like that. One day we put up a little over 1000 bales of hay. This was the first job I ever had working for someone, at the young age of twelve. Been working ever since.

Sorry guys. I didn't get as far as I want to this year but I do have quite a few pictures to share. Please pardon me if there are any double posts as this thread is waaayyyyy longer than it should have ever been but I press on. Hope you guys are still enjoying this as much as I enjoy sharing it.

Hey, these cables are no joke. Just beautiful quality.
20200601_132823.jpg
20200601_132932.jpg
20200601_132943.jpg
20200601_132957.jpg

Brian, great to see an update! I'll second what Mike wrote.

Back