• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wrong size frame?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will fit a 71 but you will need those parts that Hydro mentions and that Lewis posted, or you will need the mule drive brackets for a 70/100.

Here's what the two variants look like mounted:

331a.jpg

3858a.jpg

It will fit on your 71, if you have the mule drive bracket pictured you will not need those.

Attachments

• Copy of ebay pics 221.jpg
    Copy of ebay pics 221.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 209
Gotcha, sounds like fabing some of those extenders will be the easiest way to go for it. Or maybe just go on the hunt for a 70, or 100:)

It will fit on your 71, if you have the mule drive bracket pictured you will not need those.

That might actually be on there let me see if i can find some pics, its cold outside.

Kinda a bad pic but i believe the bracket yall are speaking of it there.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpeg
    IMG_1249.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 198
Kinda a bad pic but i believe the bracket yall are speaking of it there.

Yes, that's the mule drive bracket for the mower deck. The blade subframe that you have should bolt right up to that, or the rod should slide through the holes and it could mount that way. See the second photo I posted at the top of this page of the 100 setting on 2x4s.

Here are the measurements, and a picture of them, but that will not make it fit on your 1x6 1x7 though..

Lewis - HEY, you're great. You actually have those frame extenders. And it was sure nice of you to provide a drawing with the dimensions. You actually confirmed my ole memory ain't so bad. I said 1-1/2" or 2" wide and you show they are 1-1/2" wide. And I thought they were 5" maybe 5-1/2" long and you show them 5-3/8". Anyone want to give me a pat on the back?

Dave - that's a great job on what I call Frame Extenders, but the correct name IH name is apparently
Extension Brace, Part No. 473922-R1
I thought I posted it someplace but don't see it now.

Now, here's an odd sorta thing. What is it about Item #19 in Parts diagrams? You probably noticed I pointed out the Frame Extenders or Extension Braces were shown in the Parts diagram for the 42/54 blade, as Item #19. Did you realize the other part you made up a few years ago when we were having some private discussions about the NF Hydraulic Lift, was also Item #19 in the Parts diagram for the NF Hydraulic Lift???? :feint:

Dave - that's a great job on what I call Frame Extenders, but the correct name IH name is apparently
Extension Brace, Part No. 473922-R1
I thought I posted it someplace but don't see it now.

Now, here's an odd sorta thing. What is it about Item #19 in Parts diagrams? You probably noticed I pointed out the Frame Extenders or Extension Braces were shown in the Parts diagram for the 42/54 blade, as Item #19. Did you realize the other part you made up a few years ago when we were having some private discussions about the NF Hydraulic Lift, was also Item #19 in the Parts diagram for the NF Hydraulic Lift???? :feint:

Yes, I did notice that!! Ha Ha!
Are you sure that's the right part number?
I thought it was IH-473922-R1

So a week ago I had 0 blades...... here is what I have now. Hopefully by this afternoon the “correct” one will be on the 126.

Attachments

• CD9BE868-5F3C-4DC0-8062-F6BBCEB6470E.jpeg
    CD9BE868-5F3C-4DC0-8062-F6BBCEB6470E.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 091471A9-17B5-428D-A9F7-FA9B668D0ED0.jpeg
    091471A9-17B5-428D-A9F7-FA9B668D0ED0.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 193
I believe the one that I circled is the one that should fit your 126. Can you post a detailed photo of it?

This one.jpg

Kraig your correct, thats one I got this morning, and FINALLY got it all worked out, I ended up switching blades with the one that is next to it after I got the frame on the tractor. The U shaped portion that snugs up under neath was very tight. To the point I had to grind it down a little bit and give it some persuasion. After I got the frame and blade hooked to the tractor I hooked up the lift rod, and of course when I lifted it the rod hit the grill. I guess at this point I should have expected that right, so I had to switch that out too. At the end of the day it finally all came together. Here is some pics to make it all make some more sense.

Attachments

• IMG_1186.JPG
    IMG_1186.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG