• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wrong size frame?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I did notice that!! Ha Ha!
Are you sure that's the right part number?
I thought it was IH-473922-R1

Dave - well according to the on-line CCC Parts List Item #19 is Part No. 473922-R1 but I think they are being sneaky and dropping the " IH- " prefix from the listing.

Ref: 473922-R1
19 BRACE, EXTENSION | 1961 TO 1967

So, just to check on them, I also looked it up in my handy dandy CPE-2 PARTS CATALOG (issued 5-'85) and it actually shows the same Part No. without the IH. So I had a scan look at all the other Part Numbers listed in the CPE-2 and NONE of them have the IH prefix. There's an IH emblem with the circled R on the front cover of the CPE-2 catalog but we know that by 5-'85 when it was updated, that IH no longer owned Cub Cadet. CCC had the rights for a period of time to use the IH emblem. So I don't know if IH dropped the IH prefix, or if CCC dropped the IH prefix.

Dave - well according to the on-line CCC Parts List Item #19 is Part No. 473922-R1 but I think they are being sneaky and dropping the " IH- " prefix from the listing.

Ref: 473922-R1
19 BRACE, EXTENSION | 1961 TO 1967

So, just to check on them, I also looked it up in my handy dandy CPE-2 PARTS CATALOG (issued 5-'85) and it actually shows the same Part No. without the IH. So I had a scan look at all the other Part Numbers listed in the CPE-2 and NONE of them have the IH prefix. There's an IH emblem with the circled R on the front cover of the CPE-2 catalog but we know that by 5-'85 when it was updated, that IH no longer owned Cub Cadet. CCC had the rights for a period of time to use the IH emblem. So I don't know if IH dropped the IH prefix, or if CCC dropped the IH prefix.
No matter, it's the number that counts

John,

did you see this on page 1? Still no mention of thickness though.

1628984255875.jpeg

Dave - yup, you're right. They dropped the IH. I always wondered what else IH must have used them for, probably under a different part number. I say that because 30+ years ago when I restored my 1st 122, I was following the Install Instructions and didn't want to use the mule drive, so I had to order a set of these extenders. Low and behold, when they arrived, they were painted red and had little IH stickers on them. Figured they must have another application.

Back