• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wrong Mule Drive on 1862?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Dove

Hello cub enthusiasts,
Just got my first Cub a 1995 model 1862. Love the POWER! However, its eating belts; the one going from front PTO, down under guide pulleys and back to deck drive pulley. I think it may have the wrong mule drive on it.

I noticed it only has 1 bolt on each side mounting the mule drive to the frame. And those are the rear bolts in the notch at end of mule drive frame. Isn't the mule drive supposed to have 2 bolts on each side?

Could have the wrong mule drive be causing it to destroy this deck drive belt? Please see pics of mule drive mount.
left side mule.jpeg

right side mule drive.jpeg

oh ok. It has a 44" deck. The original belt was destroyed while mowing, but looked like 1/2" width, don't know how long. I replaced that one with a Cub Cadet belt 5/8' wide and 891/2" long (part 954-3003A). Destroyed that belt in about 20 min. of running deck.

oh ok. It has a 44" deck. The original belt was destroyed while mowing, but looked like 1/2" width, don't know how long. I replaced that one with a Cub Cadet belt 5/8' wide and 891/2" long (part 954-3003A). Destroyed that belt in about 20 min. of running deck.
954-3003 is for a 50" deck.
http://cubfaq.com/belts.html
Like Matt asked, what deck do you have?

Depending on the serial number the pto will be either 4.5" the 44" deck will be a 190 358 100 and use 754-3003 belt. The later model will have a 6" pto pulley and the deck will be a 190 318 100 and uses a 754-3023 belt. I believe the only difference is the center pulley and the belt.
I see the bolt that mounts to the lower mule drive is in the wrong hole according to the manual.
It should be in the front .

Thanks for the pic, they did not make a 1862 in 1995, got a pic of the date code located next to the data plate.

thanks digger, I didn't know there were different 44" decks.
the tractor serial number is 810526
pic of deck below. couldn't find model number
i picked up a 5/8" x 90" belt at Tractor Supply, straightened the pulley mounts under the PTO and installed the belt. Finished the yard and belt didn't break.

Attachments

• deck1.jpg
    deck1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 122
  • deck 2.jpg
    deck 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 114
Back