• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Would my Dads old Cub Cadet make a good garden tractor?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trkelly

displayname
ted kelly
It is too nasty outside to go to the barn 100 yards away, so I dug in my billfold and found an old piece of battered and hard to read paper that Dad gave me to pick up belts for it years ago. I think the serial number is 1e315h20212000001. and MN 13ak11ck709. It also has the number 4423577 and further down MTD. He bought it around 1981 at the MTD factory in Greenwood SC, so it could be a leftover from before MTD bought them out and they changed the nameplate maybe? I can't find a pic of anything close on Google, it isn't plastic like the ones in the pics.

I can dig it out this weekend and get more info.

It's a Koler twin. I have forgotten the HP, I think it is an 18hp. It was running good when he died 2 years ago but the mower deck was rusted out. I changed the oil and drained the gas before storing it.

I think it can accept a manual lift for attachments.Since it has a thick steel plate with all kind of holes and slots on the back. Maybe for using pull behind plows and stuff. And it has a 2 speed axle.

I don't need it for lawn mowing but if I can get attachments I can use it for small stuff in my garden.

Would attachments be expensive and hard to find?

According to the information you supplied, it is Model SLT1554, made between 2005-2008.

My opps, He did have a Model SLT1554 that he bought later. I forgot about it since He kept it at my step moms house and she's got it.

I dug it out last night and it's actually a Poulan instead of a Cub! It's been buried in the barn for 2 1/2 years and I was thinking that it was a Cub. MN xc1182hb serial 3030501016 Product 954 00 51 31.

I guess I'll have to find a Poulan forum!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Back