• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wisconsin engine ID...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Thanks to Tedd, this little guy has taken up residence here. Thought it'd make a nice little setup for the Lake County Farm Heritage show - they like small engines. It came off of a Sears cement mixer and is supposed to be somewhere around 2HP.

Anywho, the nameplate is all scratched up so there's no identifying information on the plate. The crankcase casting appears to have AA-81-K cast just above the flywheel.

Any help IDing this lil guy would be appreciated.

33249.jpg

33250.jpg

33251.jpg

33252.jpg

That magneto was used on models AA,AB,ABS, ABN, AK, AKS,and AKN. If you can meaure the bore and stroke I have an old book that tells which models by size, although they had more than one of bore size. It appears HP was determined by governed speed when different models used the same stroke and bore size. Hope this helps.

Kyle -

Thanks. Cap'n Kirk pointed me to their site but I haven't fully explored it yet.

Tedd -

Ha ha
tomato.gif

Kendal -

2.5"

The book lists three models with 2.5 inch bore. They are AB, ABN, ABS. Which carb does it have on it?

Kendal -

A very dirty one?

I won't know until I dig into it and I prolly won't get to that until after I get back from our trip. Unless it's fairly easy to tell the diff...

BTW, I remembered this evening that you were asking for stroke, but I see you assumed 2.75" - good guess
wink.gif

Kendal -

It was easier to see than I thought - it says Zenith.

Kyle -

All I know is that the quality went in before the name went on
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back