• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Wisc/Minn Border Spring Plow Day!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Last year a local <font color="0000ff">FFA</font> alumni-group put on a "1st Annual Plow-Day" as a fundraiser for their scholarship program. A few of us forum members attended last year's event. It was a smaller PD, but very well organized and highly successful.

This year they are planning another Plow-Day on Saturday, April 23, with more acreage and hopefully more tractors.

The location for this event is just south of Osceola, WI which is about an hour North-East of Mpls/St. Paul, MN.

Here is the flyer they are distributing for this event.

222976.jpg

As you'll notice, there is a $10 "donation" for all participants. This money goes toward a scholarship fund that is set up for the current HS FFA kids.

I am not part of the planning committee for this event, but please feel free to contact me if you would like any further info. For those of you coming from the south, the best way to Google your directions would be to search "Somerset, WI" then follow the directions on the flyer to the event-site.

Art, Is the soil sandy there to clean up a plow, or black heavy? I would guess sandy.

Andy-
I've never plowed at this site, but I would agree that it's probably sandy.

Here is a word of warning to anyone planning on coming to this event. I stopped by the site today to check things out. It's a nice piece of land, but this ground is former corn-ground. It's relatively "clean" from a corn-trash perspective, but I thought I'd mention it in advance.

The kids are thinking about disking it prior to next weekend, but I'm not sure when they're going to do that. I think they're meeting out at the site on Friday, so I'll keep everyone posted here if I hear anymore info...

I really don't anticipate the corn situation being a HUGE problem, but I thought I would mention it. Start loading up the trailers!!!!

Art, thanks for the update. I plan on being there with K4K. My daughter will be with as well, I'm afraid that after plowing her first time
Shift.gif
she is going to claim K4K as hers.
noshare.gif
Though she might not be strong enough to lift the plow out of the ground.
dunno.gif

224082.jpg

Kraig-
If your daughter claims "K4K" as "hers", does that mean a "<font color="ff0000">C</font>E<font color="0000ff">R</font><font color="ff0000">T</font>A<font color="0000ff">I</font><font color="ff0000">N</font> L<font color="0000ff">A</font><font color="ff0000">W</font>N <font color="0000ff">T</font><font color="ff0000">R</font>A<font color="0000ff">C</font><font color="ff0000">T</font>O<font color="0000ff">R</font>" will soon be going up for sale???
bannana_guitar.gif

BTW... That's a GREAT pic!

Art, ummm, no the SO76 will not be going up for sale. She can claim K4K all she wants but it's still mine. Thanks, I got lucky with that photo.

Tom, if you want a photo of the SO76 here's one if it. It doesn't have the correct seat and it has a non-correct replacement engine and the PO notched the hood to fit the engine.

224084.jpg

UPDATE: We got less than 1" of snow early this morning. I don't see that affecting this event much at all. We're supposed to get some rain showers on Friday, so provided those don't turn into an all-day-downpour, things should be good. The soil in this part of the state is usually pretty sandy.

Kyler-
I don't think there is going to be any swapping going on this year.....Unless you're planning on showing up with a trailer full of goodies for us to scrounge through, or have a pre-arranged sale set up.

No trailer full of goodies to sell. I always just like rummaging through other peoples stuff. Ya never know what you need til you see it laying there

Art, any update on the field condition? (Yes, I know I only live a few miles away from the site and could easily check myself...) We had rain last night and the forecast is for more today and at least some rain Saturday morning.
angry.gif

Kraig-
The field is moist...
happy.gif

<font size="-2">Honestly, I have about as much info as you have. I plan on loading up today, then checking the weather radar tomorrow morning. I think we're all going to have to make our own judgement call before heading out in the morning.</font>

I won't be making it to this PD. It rained off and on all night. It's quite wet at my property and I'm only a few miles away. Seeing that the field was corn I'm guessing that it's going to be quite muddy.
sad.gif

Back